Last night at the Elephant Stamped.

Yep. Reap what you sow.

No doubt some will blame the government when case numbers rise
FFS Co-Co. It is the government allowing these events to happen. 5555 Luckily about half the Surinites attending have had both jabs. So not as bad as it would have been 6 months ago. And yes, the numbers will rise in the next few weeks most likely. And, according to the numbers quoted in the UK and other places with Omicrom it is 4 times more infectious than Delta and other variations. So imagine if one or two people in that crowd have the Omi. Not my problem as like Nomad I and family will be nowhere near those gatherings. And agree with Nick. Sheer stupidity. And yeah, I will blame the government, and feel very comfortable doing so.

FFS Co-Co. It is the government allowing these events to happen. 5555 Luckily about half the Surinites attending have had both jabs. So not as bad as it would have been 6 months ago. And yes, the numbers will rise in the next few weeks most likely. And, according to the numbers quoted in the UK and other places with Omicrom it is 4 times more infectious than Delta and other variations. So imagine if one or two people in that crowd have the Omi. Not my problem as like Nomad I and family will be nowhere near those gatherings. And agree with Nick. Sheer stupidity. And yeah, I will blame the government, and feel very comfortable doing so.

Cent, I sincerely hope that you are never burdened with a position of power where you have to make the decision to hold such events or not.

In the UK it is said that there will be rebellions against a lockdown if that is what is decided in the COBRA meeting.

Central government cannot be responsible for policing such events as the elephant fiasco.......where were the Surin authorities?

You are absolutely right that individuals decide whether to attend and any fear of COVID should cause you to avoid such events.

I am all for 'living with Covid' but this unnecessary event does not come into that bracket.

Cent, I sincerely hope that you are never burdened with a position of power where you have to make the decision to hold such events or not.

In the UK it is said that there will be rebellions against a lockdown if that is what is decided in the COBRA meeting.

Central government cannot be responsible for policing such events as the elephant fiasco.......where were the Surin authorities?

You are absolutely right that individuals decide whether to attend and any fear of COVID should cause you to avoid such events.

I am all for 'living with Covid' but this unnecessary event does not come into that bracket.
As has been said before, Thais and Asians in general more so than their counterparts in Europe, need to be led, and look to their central government for that leadership. As such the go ahead for events such as the Elephant festival and associated concert need to be decided by central government. In the absence of that there is no reason why local government could not intervene and ban such events if they felt there was a significant risk. Clearly Surin authorities did not make that decision, and from what one can see from the event photo, all participants are massed together with no apparent social distancing, which will undoubtedly give rise to problems in the days and weeks ahead,

However, why would central government want to intervene in Khmer dominated Surin? What better way of ethnic cleansing is there?

As has been said before, Thais and Asians in general more so than their counterparts in Europe, need to be led, and look to their central government for that leadership. As such the go ahead for events such as the Elephant festival and associated concert need to be decided by central government. In the absence of that there is no reason why local government could not intervene and ban such events if they felt there was a significant risk. Clearly Surin authorities did not make that decision, and from what one can see from the event photo, all participants are massed together with no apparent social distancing, which will undoubtedly give rise to problems in the days and weeks ahead,

However, why would central government want to intervene in Khmer dominated Surin? What better way of ethnic cleansing is there?

You were doing so well until the last para :)

:cool:

Back