Looking shop with house for rent

C

Champ

Hi,
My Thai girlfriend and me are looking for a shop and house in the city of Surin.
The shop is for a hair and beauty salon.
The house need at least two or three bedrooms.
Our intention is for rent and after 1 year for buying.
Any suggestions or advises are very welcome.
Wil

Good luck, there's more Salons in Surin town than Taxi's

you won't make money. as the rents are so high in surin.

Does your thai lady have all the certificates of where she has done her hair and beauty training it goes along way in the hairdressing game.

you dont want to be in a shity little back street where no won knows your there.

Location, Location, Location, is the name of the game,and that costs $$$$$

Tony&Guy
Signing off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
My Thai girlfriend and me are looking for a shop and house in the city of Surin.
Wil

I would suggest you find an area that needs another H&B Salon first as they seem to be everywhere.

Good Luck

I would first consider which end of the market are you aiming at. if you are going to open an upper class establishment for the HI-So location is very important. I would think a good starting point would be to ask around the foreign establishment situated near the majestic someone might know of a shop unit locally or even try some of the big hotels maybe they may have space within the confounds of the hotel and then you would have a pretty captive audience.

I would first consider which end of the market are you aiming at. if you are going to open an upper class establishment for the HI-So location is very important. I would think a good starting point would be to ask around the foreign establishment situated near the majestic someone might know of a shop unit locally or even try some of the big hotels maybe they may have space within the confounds of the hotel and then you would have a pretty captive audience.

Correct about this but if you want hi-so the Majestic is going to left in the dust when the new Chang Surin opens. That is the location you want.

I have been involed in salons for about 34 years my wife god bless her sole, had nine staff working for her in jersey, but in thailand you cant get salon staff,we are looking for salon at present, or any other staff for that matter you can trust, hotels are ok but its like having a salon in a condo building , you can only rely on the customers that go there , the outside punters won't go inside the hotel for a hairdo.
Been there done that got the tee shirt.

But the OP wants a shophouse to rent, not a hotel salon i would look in another lacation not in surin somewere like prasat near the market, where the rents maybe cheaper and make the shop more bling bling/

Good luck with your venture.
Sent from a banana using Crappatalk and supersonic sausage fingers

Hi,
Wil

We have a sideline in Surin Province with several Internet cafes. Biggest tip I can give you is find a place that has secure parking directly outside for cars and scooters somewhere handy to the big stores like Makro and Big C etc.There is roughly 47,000 people living in Surin City ... you are probably looking at a maximum of 1400 customers from this providing your prices are very, very competitive and you have been established for a couple of years. You will need to flyleaf about 14,000 households. It is all about price. My wife goes to a top-notch place and pays 75 baht. for a trim to cut split ends she says.

As Sangka says there are probably more salons than taxis, already with an established clientele and usually the whole family (ladies) will use the place. To drag them away you will need to offer something seriously good. Rents are high - do your sums. The average person struggles to make ends meet in Surin. You may be better off in Pattaya, Phuket, Bkk, Chiang Mai, or Udon or similar. There is a big farang village near the airport in Udon that might be a good idea. Americans, Canadians, Aussies mostly. There was no hairdresser there 3 months ago that we saw. Limited but steady clientele, put a salon in the house and get another job.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for the replies.

We have a sideline in Surin Province with several Internet cafes. Biggest tip I can give you is find a place that has secure parking directly outside for cars and scooters somewhere handy to the big stores like Makro and Big C etc.There is roughly 47,000 people living in Surin City ... you are probably looking at a maximum of 1400 customers from this providing your prices are very, very competitive and you have been established for a couple of years. You will need to flyleaf about 14,000 households. It is all about price. My wife goes to a top-notch place and pays 75 baht. for a trim to cut split ends she says.

As Sangka says there are probably more salons than taxis, already with an established clientele and usually the whole family (ladies) will use the place. To drag them away you will need to offer something seriously good. Rents are high - do your sums. The average person struggles to make ends meet in Surin. You may be better off in Pattaya, Phuket, Bkk, Chiang Mai, or Udon or similar. There is a big farang village near the airport in Udon that might be a good idea. Americans, Canadians, Aussies mostly. There was no hairdresser there 3 months ago that we saw. Limited but steady clientele, put a salon in the house and get another job.

Back