Mahouts welcome plan to take jumbos off city streets

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Interesting they use the "olde English" phrase Jumbo

Jumbo is the name of an African elephant that lived in the London zoo until being sold to P.T Barnum. He subsequently got hit by a train and killed in the USA.
But his name lives on as something huge, or Elephants in general since he was the first live Elephant to make it to the UK in the 1860's. So is it "olde English"?
I suppose it may be. Even the word "Selfie " is now in the English language. How long before that word becomes "olde English"?

ht_animal_selfie_2_lb_150521_16x9_992.jpg

I saw a huge elephant parading past the coffee shop yesterday, accompanied by a marching band and lots of Thai dancers. The mahout was playing on his smart phone, no doubt Facebook or Line.

Now as far as I am aware, elephants do not come fitted with Bluetooth Hands-Free systems. Giant pachyderms roaming our streets with inattentive drivers surely pose a major hazard and there ought to be a law against it!

Every now and then, I wake up and realise where I am living. I have just taken a sedative so don't worry about me. Everything will seem fine in the morning.

Now as far as I am aware, elephants do not come fitted with Bluetooth Hands-Free systems. Giant pachyderms roaming our streets with inattentive drivers surely pose a major hazard and there ought to be a law against it!

Quite right , John. I couldn't agree more (555).

I'm fairly sure that in Prachonchai it is against the law to operate an elephant while holding a cell phone or drinking.
No wonder they don't have elephants on the streets there (lol).

Back