Materials cost up?

GuitarPlayerGuy

Greetings all, after building a tiny house in the village here near Kap Choeng last year and moving some dirt in the rice field, we're proceeding with plans to make another one on the naa! Just your run of the mill concrete and steel Isaan style local build. Would appreciate if anyone has a general sense of materials cost this year vs last! Thanks in advance.

Greetings all, after building a tiny house in the village here near Kap Choeng last year and moving some dirt in the rice field, we're proceeding with plans to make another one on the naa! Just your run of the mill concrete and steel Isaan style local build. Would appreciate if anyone has a general sense of materials cost this year vs last! Thanks in advance.
Alan the builder, the owner of this forum, is the man that would know the answer to that. However, he is a busy man and his replies may not always be provided in a speedy manner. A very good forum for all things to do with building a house can be found here: https://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/. Good luck with your new house build, where ever that may be.

ATB is good but you can find local builders that can do your build. Yes material has sky rocked.

ATB is good but you can find local builders that can do your build. Yes material has sky rocked.
Luckily, we signed a fixed price contract over 10 months ago. prices have escallated between 9 and 13% without the farang margin.
Fuel prices, supply chain issues plus the Pinocchios hedging the exe rate has screwed the market shoitless.
As far as your local Somchai, Somekwai or Dumbkwai, up to you--- wouldn't touch then with a taser.

Luckily, we signed a fixed price contract over 10 months ago. prices have escallated between 9 and 13% without the farang margin.
Fuel prices, supply chain issues plus the Pinocchios hedging the exe rate has screwed the market shoitless.
As far as your local Somchai, Somekwai or Dumbkwai, up to you--- wouldn't touch then with a taser.

I employed locals to build my drum under my supervision back in 2000. Yes, I had problems but they were not insurmountable. The labour was paid by the day and I paid cash directly for all the materials.

071.jpg

The good news is that the US$ has probably appreciated 10% directly against the THB since you signed that fixed price contract that was hopefully in THB.

Reads as though that exchange rate might assist @GuitarPlayerGuy against the increased cost of materials.

Edited: I just noticed this was Ferret's post and not the OP as to whom had who signed the contract. My mistake.

Last edited:
The good news is that the US$ has probably appreciated 10% directly against the THB since you signed that fixed price contract that was hopefully in THB.

Reads as though that exchange rate might assist @GuitarPlayerGuy against the increased cost of materials.

Edited: I just noticed this was Ferret's post and not the OP as to whom had who signed the contract. My mistake.
Everything in ฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿

Alan the builder, the owner of this forum, is the man that would know the answer to that. However, he is a busy man and his replies may not always be provided in a speedy manner. A very good forum for all things to do with building a house can be found here: https://www.coolthaihouse.com/forum/. Good luck with your new house build, where ever that may be.
Thank you kindly! I'll check that website out, huge help!

Very helpful info, thanks! Yeah, this is the low budget shack plus getting electric, water put in, but when I build the recording studio it'll be with pro builders for sure.

Heop

Edited: I just noticed this was Ferret's post and not the OP as to whom had who signed the contract. My mista
That's
I employed locals to build my drum under my supervision back in 2000. Yes, I had problems but they were not insurmountable. The labour was paid by the day and I paid cash directly for all the materials.

071.jpg
That's a beaut! Link not working though. Good to know re the local builders and the payment strategy, I was thinking something similar this round.

Back