Motoring in surin town

Not so IB.

In Buriram, phone, computer,and electrical goods are immediately to the left front of the store, whilst stationary is at the rear. In Surin, stationary comes first to the left, with phone, computer and electrical goods at the extreme left rear.. Admittedly foodtuffs are more or less in the same location.

You're just trying to be difficult, Nick, as per usual!

Buriram is my normal shopping place, and if I go into the Surin BigC, I am unlikely to want anything except what you call 'foodtuffs'.

The stationery can stay stationary for all I care.Ignore1

As Nick said, "Recently I found no boxes of biscuits, no Kraftkorn bread, no Vintage cheese and no ice cream."

I can understand that none of the items were to be found and, at the risk of sounding pedantic, how do you find nothing?

Hair_Out1Grin_Jump1Hair_Out1

And you can't get away from the Spelling Police, Nick. You are not American!

As Nick said, "Recently I found no boxes of biscuits, no Kraftkorn bread, no Vintage cheese and no ice cream."

I can understand that none of the items were to be found and, at the risk of sounding pedantic, how do you find nothing?

Hair_Out1Grin_Jump1Hair_Out1

A very valid point Nomad. However a frequently used phrase.

http://genius.com/Death-cab-for-cutie-crooked-teeth-lyrics/

Re the comment from IB re my being difficult as usual. Not so IB. I like correctness -not necessarily political correctness though. If you regard that as being difficult,so be it. I was merely pointing out the dis-similarities of the 2 Big C branches. I have no idea what purchases you make when shopping. For my part, I often visit the stationery section and sometimes the electrics/computer area. As you do not, then you would not have been aware that they are not in the same location in both stores.

A very valid point Nomad. However a frequently used phrase.

http://genius.com/Death-cab-for-cutie-crooked-teeth-lyrics/

Re the comment from IB re my being difficult as usual. Not so IB. I like correctness -not necessarily political correctness though. If you regard that as being difficult,so be it. I was merely pointing out the dis-similarities of the 2 Big C branches. I have no idea what purchases you make when shopping. For my part, I often visit the stationery section and sometimes the electrics/computer area. As you do not, then you would not have been aware that they are not in the same location in both stores.

Not sure that warrants a claim of 'frequently' ...

Good to see your correctness returning though.

Not so IB.

In Buriram, phone, computer,and electrical goods are immediately to the left front of the store, whilst stationary is at the rear. In Surin, stationary comes first to the left, with phone, computer and electrical goods at the extreme left rear.. Admittedly foodtuffs are more or less in the same location.

So true Nick... after buying some stuff there recently, I needed some more printer paper. Grabbing the attention of a very pretty member of staff, I asked her if she kept stationery... "YES!!" she replied, "right until the last few moments, and then I positively SQUIRM!!!"

"Eats, roots, shoots, and leaves" as the old Oz T-shirts used to proclaim...

Last edited:
So true Nick... after buying some stuff there recently, I needed some more printer paper. Grabbing the attention of a very pretty member of staff, I asked her if she kept stationery... "YES!!" she replied, "right until the last few moments, and then I positively SQUIRM!!!"

I thought the punch line would of been "Yes, right until knock off time."

"Eats, roots, shoots, and leaves" as the old Oz T-shirts used to proclaim...

That is the official Aussie description of a wombat.

By the way, our SF Wombat has been quiet lately.

Glad to see we are still "on topic".

That is the official Aussie description of a wombat.

By the way, our SF Wombat has been quiet lately.

Wasn't there one comma too many there for the wombats? (Making it an official Aussie description of... an Aussie instead?
icon12.png
)

Wasn't there one comma too many there for the wombats? (Making it an official Aussie description of... an Aussie instead?
icon12.png
)

Probably TWO commas too many, but you get my drift.

I have seen a lot of odd things on the roads in Surin, but how on earth did wombats get into it?

Most of the wombats here work in bars or along Pattaya Beach. Too many of them physically resemble wombats, move like wombats and probably have a lower IQ than a wombat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I saw a wombat yesterday evening on the road outside Tesco. I was coming into town, slowing down and indicating that I was going to turn left into the Tesco entrance road. Coming towards me on the wrong side of the road, the wrong way, was an old 'wombat' on a motorbike with a child on the back. She was indicating that she was going to turn right, presumably into the same Tesco entrance road that I was heading for. Imagine my surprise, and hers, when she did not turn right but came straight on across the entrance road and almost under the wheels of my pickup. I am not sure what made her face turn into a very frightened mask, my approaching pickup screeching to a halt with the ABS clattering violently, the incessant blare of my horn or my mouth screaming, "You stupid silly fooker!".
I guess she could have been a wombat. WTF1

I think I saw a wombat yesterday evening on the road outside Tesco. I was coming into town, slowing down and indicating that I was going to turn left into the Tesco entrance road. Coming towards me on the wrong side of the road, the wrong way, was an old 'wombat' on a motorbike with a child on the back. She was indicating that she was going to turn right, presumably into the same Tesco entrance road that I was heading for. Imagine my surprise, and hers, when she did not turn right but came straight on across the entrance road and almost under the wheels of my pickup. I am not sure what made her face turn into a very frightened mask, my approaching pickup screeching to a halt with the ABS clattering violently, the incessant blare of my horn or my mouth screaming, "You stupid silly fooker!".
I guess she could have been a wombat. WTF1

Very obviously a close relative of the wombats that live in the wombat ghetto called Prakhonchai with extended families throughout Thailand.

Back