New coffee shop near Surin Ruam Phet Hospital

karakara

Forum Sponsor
A newly opened coffee shop (Relax) in the city of Surin, located near Bunthiang Mansion Hotel, not far from Surin Ruam Phet Hospital

20121127_102934.jpg

staticmap

More pictures

Well I sought out this place this morning and had a hot latte and read my BKK Post. The coffee was good enough but not so good as Kid Teung or Cafe Italia but.....it was only 35 baht... as opposed to 45 and 59 (for the big one) respectively.

Have to say though, it is the most beautiful place to sit and have a coffee and read a newspaper...the garden is absolutely lovely and they have a choice of indoor with aircon or a shady outside terrace.

When I wanted to pay I found I only had 15 baht in small money and 1000 notes.....I left the 15 baht and called back later with the missing 20...no problem.

So, all in all, very nice and yet another good option for we gentlemen of leisure.

Well I sought out this place this morning and had a hot latte and read my BKK Post. The coffee was good enough but not so good as Kid Teung or Cafe Italia but.....it was only 35 baht... as opposed to 45 and 59 (for the big one) respectively.

Have to say though, it is the most beautiful place to sit and have a coffee and read a newspaper...the garden is absolutely lovely and they have a choice of indoor with aircon or a shady outside terrace.

When I wanted to pay I found I only had 15 baht in small money and 1000 notes.....I left the 15 baht and called back later with the missing 20...no problem.

So, all in all, very nice and yet another good option for we gentlemen of leisure.
Directions are a little hit and miss - hows the best way to find the place mate ?
I like coffee shops nowadays ,some seem to have very nice eye candy ,and even nice coffee to :tongue::tongue:

Driving past with Rumphaet on your right, turn second right after the hospital....it's the turning marked with red and white traffic cones at the start of the main drag past the schools. Relax is about 200 metres up there on the right.

No Alan, way before that. Turn right immediately after Rumphaet onto Tessabarn 4, more or less opposite where the road to the left would take you down to Cafe Italia.

No Alan, way before that. Turn right immediately after Rumphaet onto Tessabarn 4, more or less opposite where the road to the left would take you down to Cafe Italia.

Is that the soi with the pond and park on the right with the wide parking area in the road?

Mike

:confused::confused::confused: I thought i had it figured straight off now I am confused ..oh well half the fun is finding the place and many others No Worries...:confused::confused::confused:

Yes. Where you would turn left to go to Cafe Italia, instead turn right by the red and white traffic cones and Rekax is up there on the right.

Sorry, but all this is about as clear as a pint of Guinness. Is this new coffee shop on the same street as Ruamphet Hospital? Is it on the same side as you are heading towards Big C? Is it now on a side Soi or what? With the way Thai's drive it's always prudent to keep one eyes on the road and trying to find a place that may or not have adaquate signage is not a good idea. A little bit more specific is helpful.

So now it's on Tetsabahn Road #4 and not the main road running through town? That means as I am heading away from Big C I will turn left onto this road and eventually find it. I sure hope it is worth the effort.

So now it's on Tetsabahn Road #4 and not the main road running through town? That means as I am heading away from Big C I will turn left onto this road and eventually find it. I sure hope it is worth the effort.

So do I paddy ,its looks like its in the country side lol lol ...

I repeat what I said yesterday.

Back