New grocery store/bar opening

georgefromcanada

You chose a custom title
A friend is opening a new grocery store that will sell smokes, beer and alcohol only with outdoor seating ( OK bar style) at the corner of Khu Khan Rd and Ubon Rd behind the police box.

The friend is a Police major who work undercover in BKK but is a SSK native and lives here. He has worked undercover in Yala and in CM and tells me he has applied to transfer to Immigration police SSK branch. He said that BKK is full of sharks and it is difficult to do his job without stepping on someone's toes. I met a SSK I/O major and a dozen captains and majors from RTP city station plus Uthumphon and Yang Cham Noi stations at party of his and they were all very friendly. The party was held in a restaurant, my wife and I were the only non police couple, we left about 12:30 but they didn't shut it down until 6:00 am.

He has spent 300,000 on the interior of the double shop house and it sure looks more like a bar than a grocery store. The grocery store will open before Song Kran and is located a block from the night market.
IMG_20240220_190906.jpg

Back