New Long Term Visa - Not Easy To Obtain.

I can’t find any mention of it now on Thai Immigration website but Royal Thai Embassy Canberra website states that it is required, I don’t know for sure lads but that’s what they told me by telephone.
Your'e lucky. the c*nts in Canberra would'nt even answer my e-mails.

I can’t find any mention of it now on Thai Immigration website but Royal Thai Embassy Canberra website states that it is required, I don’t know for sure lads but that’s what they told me by telephone.

Several references here to health insurance not being required on Non-Imm 'O' visas.

sorry, link from ASEAN NOW didn't copy....I will try later....but I am 99.9% certain that insurance is NOT required on Non 'O's

Last edited:
Several references here to health insurance not being required on Non-Imm 'O' visas.

sorry, link from ASEAN NOW didn't copy....I will try later....but I am 99.9% certain that insurance is NOT required on Non 'O's
I have emailed the Visa section Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra asking for clarification as to why they have listed this requirement in the Visa section on their website. If they reply, I will let you know what they say. I have a friend who will be applying for a non imm ‘O’ retirement purposes in the future and he wants to know if he needs insurance or not.

I hear they are updating the online 90 day report system again too!
I have been using the online 90 day reporting for about 12 months.
Thai immigration now send a reminder when your report is due.
I sent my 90 day application on Sunday the 21st January and receive a automated response that it had been received. The following day Monday the 22nd January I received a email with my 90 day report.
Which I printed off and stapled in my passport.
I am not what you would computer literate and if I can do the online report. Anyone can do.
Just go into Thai immigration website and the 90 day form is there.
From what I can see from other forums.
Some are applications are rejected mainly because mistakes in addresses.

I have been using the online 90 day reporting for about 12 months.
Thai immigration now send a reminder when your report is due.
I sent my 90 day application on Sunday the 21st January and receive a automated response that it had been received. The following day Monday the 22nd January I received a email with my 90 day report.
Which I printed off and stapled in my passport.
I am not what you would computer literate and if I can do the online report. Anyone can do.
Just go into Thai immigration website and the 90 day form is there.
From what I can see from other forums.
Some are applications are rejected mainly because mistakes in addresses.

Excellent.

Here is the link.

I have emailed the Visa section Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra asking for clarification as to why they have listed this requirement in the Visa section on their website. If they reply, I will let you know what they say. I have a friend who will be applying for a non imm ‘O’ retirement purposes in the future and he wants to know if he needs insurance or not.
Its most likely a hang over from Covid when every visa including visa exempt arrival needed covid insurance. They just have not amended their web site back to rules before Covid. I did not need any insurance when I received my visa from Canberra 5 months ago.

I went to Surin Immi in July 23 with 12 months statements showing income in excess of 65k. Retirement renewal. Flat refused to do it on income. Not interested, come back when you have 800k in the bank. Shit, dismissive service from lazy, badly trained officers with lousy attitudes. Avoid!
Initially, the intake lady at Surin Immigration said "source of 65,000THB must be from government". So I went back with a printout of my 2023 USA Social Security statement, showing an income of $24,000 per year, which at $2,000 a month = more than 65,000THB at least for the time being. She said that was OK. So we're going to wait the required 3 months before drawing our account below 800,000, and then let it coast down. I've been autodepositing 65,000THB monthly same day since August, so will have a 12 month track record when we go in January 2025 to renew. Just in case, we're getting our marriage license 'legalized' in Bangkok in October on the way back. Our account will have drifted down to just over 400,000 by then, so we should have 2 ways to qualify. Good luck. It sounds very arbitrary.

Its most likely a hang over from Covid when every visa including visa exempt arrival needed covid insurance. They just have not amended their web site back to rules before Covid. I did not need any insurance when I received my visa from Canberra 5 months ago.
Ok thanks

Back