New Road under construction

Prakhonchai Nick

You chose a custom title
There is a new road being built some 5/6kms out of Surin, crossing the Buriram road. Cannot for the life of me think where the southern section might meet up with some other road. Anyone have any info?

Its the Western Ring Road extension. It starts a kilometer from the traffic lights when using the 214 from Prasat. It will come out somewhere to the north of Surin on to the Ta Tum road. What you have seen is the new road crossing the 226 on its way northwards.

The southern part will come out a few km northwest from the Prasat/ring road crossing, but of course on the ring road. About 5 km before the prison.
A friend of mine lost about 1 rai due to the new intersection.

I would like to know where the northern part will hit the Chompra road...

Thanks all for the info
I would have thought that coming from Prasat, the 214 was adequate up to the current ring road, where heavy traffic could then turn left , join the Buriram Road, and then take the new road a km or so thereafter. thereafter

A by-pass for Prasat would perhaps have been preferable.

Thanks all for the info
I would have thought that coming from Prasat, the 214 was adequate up to the current ring road, where heavy traffic could then turn left , join the Buriram Road, and then take the new road a km or so thereafter. thereafter

A by-pass for Prasat would perhaps have been preferable.

And I thought you had loads of street cred Nick. Where are the large brown envelopes with a scheme like you suggested? Of course Surin needs a new western ring road, 6 lanes across, with elevated sections over the flood plains to the west, and pedestrian walkways every kilometer or so. Total project is about 20 kilometers long although could be longer. Big money eh?

And I thought you had loads of street cred Nick. Where are the large brown envelopes with a scheme like you suggested? Of course Surin needs a new western ring road, 6 lanes across, with elevated sections over the flood plains to the west, and pedestrian walkways every kilometer or so. Total project is about 20 kilometers long although could be longer. Big money eh?

Of course..forgot that.

Nice to know though that some of the proceeds of the British Embassy sale are to be distributed to registered British expats..............so the rumour says! To make up for our Brexit losses. ;)

Just cam backe through the 214 and 24 INTERSEXTION. They are making good progress, its a crap shot but I would say 2 to 4 weeks more. So hold on to your nickers not much longer.:D

We use the the 214 ring to the east when ever possible to avoid the cluster f**k of Surin.

That route is certainly preferable to the ring to the west (at present).

Seriously, considering a route from Chom Pra to Prassat or even Buriram, I would always choose the 214 ring road.

Did he receive compensation? I don't know the "rules" here in Thailand.

Yes. About half of what he wanted. But probably about what someone would have paid for it, had the road not been built on top of it.

Back