Noe more CR's from Korat Immigration.

Mission accomplished.

Thank you Wombat it was as easy as you said.

And I obtained one 60 minutes behind Nomad. No certificate of residency required.

I asked how much for the Yellow Book and I was told very politely that there was no charge. It was a free service.

As was I but it was indicated that a donation wouldn't be refused so I left Bht 10.00.

I also hopefully sorted out all my bank requirements for my visa extension tomorrow.

I also tripped over that high curb outside Kasikorn and demolished a shin, a wrist and a rib.

Last edited:
surely a free service...

...after you have purchased a house Oops5

Mission accomplished.

Take photocopies of your documents and 2 passport photos of self, sit down with the big boss and let the wife do all the talking. .

Very interesting, Nomad. Which documents did you photocopy and present?

Nice to see you Yorky just as we were leaving. I am very pleased that you got your Yellow Book without any trouble.

For Johnb and anyone else with a Thai wife and house, the documents required are:

2 passport photos of yourself
1 copy of the relevant pages from your passport (inc visa, visa ext & 90 day report).
1 copy of your Certificate of Marriage and Registration Paper
1 copy of the Blue House Book (in your wife's name)
1 copy of SWMBO's ID Card

I had a letter from KCI obtained yesterday but it was not required.

Yorky will tell you if I have forgotten something.

If you are not married to a Thai and your wife does not own a house I think you will have to ask what additional documentation is required from the Office. I would guess that you will need a written letter from your landlord, together with the contract for renting the house, as a minimum. I do know of a couple of guys in Surin who are not married who have Yellow Books so it is possible.

Finally, the Office that handles these things, ID Cards and House Books, is the admin building near the tennis courts on the opposite side of the road to the Town Hall. The admin office near the Fire Station does not do House Books.

Nice to see you Yorky just as we were leaving. I am very pleased that you got your Yellow Book without any trouble.

For Johnb and anyone else with a Thai wife and house, the documents required are:

2 passport photos of yourself
1 copy of the relevant pages from your passport (inc visa, visa ext & 90 day report).
1 copy of your Certificate of Marriage and Registration Paper
1 copy of the Blue House Book (in your wife's name)
1 copy of SWMBO's ID Card

I had a letter from KCI obtained yesterday but it was not required.

Yorky will tell you if I have forgotten something.

Obviously my 90 day report form was in my passport but he didn't ask for a copy. One other thing that was in my package was my "affirmation to marry" from the embassy, but before anyone suggests that that is a proof of address, the embassy had entered my Cheshire, UK address from 15 years ago. It did have my father's and mother's names though, which they used. They didn't keep a copy of it.

I understand that if you have the correct documentation you can obtain a yellow book whilst only renting a house/apartment.

Any responses forthcoming from experienced members as to exactly which documentation is REQUIRED to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

[I don't want to get married and build another residence just in order to obtain a Yellow Book.]

I'm assuming that the NON-O visa based on Retirement and the rental agreement(s) would be prerequisite (just an assumption). shrug1

Any responses forthcoming from experienced members as to exactly which documentation is REQUIRED to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

[I don't want to get married and build another residence just in order to obtain a Yellow Book.]

I'm assuming that the NON-O visa based on Retirement and the rental agreement(s) would be prerequisite (just an assumption). shrug1

Should be but whats the problem go ask them. IMO a YTB is a worthly piece of paper. I have had my YTB for 9 years and have never and I Mean never had to use it.

Should be but whats the problem go ask them. IMO a YTB is a worthly piece of paper. I have had my YTB for 9 years and have never and I Mean never had to use it.

Thank you, GL.

1) I'd have to get off of my big ass and go to the Ampur which would be a problem as my Thai conversational skills are limited.
I have done this in the past and was told that I would have to get married - so I basically said to myself - f**k dat.

2) This was about getting a certificate before applying for a Dr Lic renewal. I guess I'll have to go to DLT and ask them for a friggin' letter to bring to KCI in order to obtain a letter of Residency from KCI.

3) Which month do you estimate that fresh home-grown pineapple daiquiris will be available at M & D ?

Thank you, GL.

1) I'd have to get off of my big ass and go to the Ampur which would be a problem as my Thai conversational skills are limited.
I have done this in the past and was told that I would have to get married - so I basically said to myself - f**k dat.

2) This was about getting a certificate before applying for a Dr Lic renewal. I guess I'll have to go to DLT and ask them for a friggin' letter to bring to KCI in order to obtain a letter of Residency from KCI.

3) Which month do you estimate that fresh home-grown pineapple daiquiris will be available at M & D ?

Your ass is not that big.

I assume you mean "worthless piece of paper" GL, so I guess my question is what real good to me is obtaining the Yellow Book? If you've never had to use yours, when would anyone need it?

Also, Coffee had a real good question (#3) about the pineapple daiquiris.....

shrug1
Mario299

Just to clarify it for others (because we are sorted) how did you get the letter from KCI without a request from the Surin Amphur?

... and - apologies foe being a bit dim here - what letter from KCI ?

... and - apologies foe being a bit dim here - what letter from KCI ?

Nomad stated that he had obtained a letter from KCI which I had assumed (possibly wrongly) was a "Confirmation of Residency" (CR) letter to assist him in obtaining his yellow book. Considering the information contained in this thread, he would have needed a written request from Surin Amphur (or other authority) to obtain said letter.

I just wondered.

Pray tell exactly what you did supply, for address verification, when renewing your driving licence.

Slow but not forgotten. Just returned after a 15 hour road trip from CNX last night about 9pm.

2006 arrived in Thailand on a 60 day tourist visa from the Thai Embassy in Riyadh Saudi Arabia. Open a bank account with no question asked. After about 1 month and a visit to Chiang Mai Immigration for some advice I set forth. While still on the TV I obtained two CR's from CNX which both were FREE at that time. Obtained my DL at the DLT. Purchased a truck and had it registered at the DLT. 367 days (2007 l later (I was on a retirement extension then) I renewed my 1 year dl to a five year dl at the DLT. The CR from CNX immigration was still free. September 2008 bought a new truck I could not be asked to go threw the crap to get a cr at the time I let the wife put it in her name. BTW we are still married. As for the my old truck the buyers said don't bother about the cr he would sort it out and he did. December of 2008 started going through cluster f**k of getting a YTB, after about 6 weeks It was obtained. In 2012 we relocated from Doi Saket to Kap Choeng. I transferred over my YTB to KC and returned the Doi Saket YTB to the new owners husband in Doi Saket as YTB are address specific. June 2012 my 5 year DL had to renewed at which time neither Prasat or Surin DLT would accept a YTB, ASS HOLES. Surn did change its policy some time later. No idea what Prasat DLT requires understand that Sangkha does. So for 7 years I have been storing a tab of shit paper for emergency. I have NEVER had to use it. In 2017 I may try again. IMO a YTB is nothing more the a bragging right over a beer with your friends.

Back