Nookie's New Items & Special Offers

1646735233590.png

50 sachets in a box 1200 baht, 1 sachet 50 baht

50 baht per sachet, 5 sachets for 200, 12 sachets for 400, 50 sachets (1 box) for 1200 baht

I'm wondering how many customers have persuaded Nookie to stock pickled cockles and 5 flavours of Kamagra jellies.
Pickled oysters wouldn't have worked either.

Blasts from the past, from before the days of refrigerators - the pastry of Fray Bentos canned meat pies lives on.

I learnt today that "IQF" means "Individually Quick Frozen" (See item 4 on Nookie's 05:03:2022 list).

I learnt today that "IQF" means "Individually Quick Frozen" (See item 4 on Nookie's 05:03:2022 list).
That is indeed good to know, I have ordered MANSTONS NEW IQF PORK SAUSAGE......qty 24 .......250 BAHT/KILO. They looked tasty.

1646825188256.png

I have also ordered a kilo even without seeing the image. Seeing the image now gives me more faith.
They look OK.

One thing to keep an eye on - it states net weight 1kg - but not whether that means total weight of pack less packaging, i.e. gross weight of sausages, or net weight of sausages excluding any ice glaze, or, which would be the best, the weight of sausages after defrosting. (but that last option would also be unusual).
Unless vacuum packed, many simple IQF products need a protective ice glaze to stop then dehydrating in the freezer.
10% is a good general figure for fish products, maybe less for sausages.

The classic examples are shrimps/prawns where the cheaper ones can have anything up to 50% of ice added.
Even if a net weight excluding glaze is given, with prawns there is a natural drip loss of a few % in weight when they are defrosted, and sometimes that is used as an excuse for blatant cheating.

Only extra air is cheaper than water in the frozen food industry, e.g. ice cream.

They look OK.

One thing to keep an eye on - it states net weight 1kg - but not whether that means total weight of pack less packaging, i.e. gross weight of sausages, or net weight of sausages excluding any ice glaze, or, which would be the best, the weight of sausages after defrosting. (but that last option would also be unusual).
Unless vacuum packed, many simple IQF products need a protective ice glaze to stop then dehydrating in the freezer.
10% is a good general figure for fish products, maybe less for sausages.

The classic examples are shrimps/prawns where the cheaper ones can have anything up to 50% of ice added.
Even if a net weight excluding glaze is given, with prawns there is a natural drip loss of a few % in weight when they are defrosted, and sometimes that is used as an excuse for blatant cheating.

Only extra air is cheaper than water in the frozen food industry, e.g. ice cream.

From what I have seen the weight is the frozen weight.

Not so bad with meats but with, say, cod the unfrozen weight is nearly HALF the frozen weight.

The lids of those pies, when removed, may be used to level up snooker/pool tables.

Are we talking about the lids of the tins here, or the pastry lids? Maybe the tin lids taste better... Just kidding, as I usually enjoyed the snake and pigmy version as long as they were well cooked and not an undercooked and flabby mush.

Are we talking about the lids of the tins here, or the pastry lids? Maybe the tin lids taste better... Just kidding, as I usually enjoyed the snake and pigmy version as long as they were well cooked and not an undercooked and flabby mush.

I'm not convinced that the pastry (of the puff variety) would be suitable for supporting a 1,300 kg snooker table.

But I know what you mean about the pastry. Last one that I "cooked" I ended up binning the pastry and just serving the innards with some chips. The innards were good but not a lot.

Back