OA Extension

Deerculler

Surin relic
Went to Kap Cheong yesterday to do my OA extension based combination of income/money in the bank
The young lady on let inside the entrance took all may papers and stamped them. I signed every stamp mark.
She checked my income letter from the NZ Embassy. I had more than enough income.
Looked at my Bangkok Bank savings account book and said it was not required.
She told us that they did not require a letter from the bank. Only that they see the updated passbook of your savings account even if you have nothing in it.
She also told me us [my wife] that the OA can be done at Kap Cheong or Bangkok.
We then moved into the main office and everything went smoothly
Take your updated savings account book even if your income is enough.
They just want to see that your have a bank account regardless of the balance.

I went today for my annual retirement extension. I can echo what DC has said. They want to see evidence that you have money coming into Thailand on a regular basis and that you are spending it, irrespective of whether you have an Embassy proof of pension income letter or 800k in an account.

All went smoothly for me. I had taken the usual bank letter regarding my 800k which is in a fixed account, plus a full print out of a one year statement relating to my savings account from BKK Bank HQ (cost 200 baht and required 4 working days to be delivered to Surin Branch). All of this was checked and found acceptable.

Whilst my wife and I were being attended to by the Immigration Officer (and I can recommend taking your wife, if you have one!) I overheard another English chap being sent away. He had an Embassy letter but no back up. The officers were saying, you need a bank statement, how about ATM slips? etc. He had nothing and they sent him away.

So the moral of this story is, whether you are based on Embassy declaration of pension income or 800k in the bank, take evidence that you have funds arriving from overseas and are spending them here.

By the way, they now have free coffee (help yourself) in the immigration office. This could be a major threat to GotLost's business!

Back