oa visa

Deerculler

Surin relic
I am due my OA Retirement extension. Does the 15 days before and 7 days after date apply as it does with 90 day reporting.
Reason I am asking is.
1 went to the Bangkok Bank pm today to get a print out and a letter and was told it can only be done in Bangkok at the head office.
My reporting date is 25-01-2012 next Friday. I was going to do my extension tomorrow but cannot do.
Any suggestions please.

I am due my OA Retirement extension. Does the 15 days before and 7 days after date apply as it does with 90 day reporting.
Reason I am asking is.
1 went to the Bangkok Bank pm today to get a print out and a letter and was told it can only be done in Bangkok at the head office.
My reporting date is 25-01-2012 next Friday. I was going to do my extension tomorrow but cannot do.
Any suggestions please.

You can apply for a visa extension up to 30 days before expiry but info from bank need to be same day or previous days (I think) for a Bank Balance certificate.

Deerculler,
Regarding the bank letter....no need to worry. The BKK Bank branch in Kap Choeng will do the letter whilst you wait for 100 baht. Just did it myself a couple of weeks ago when getting my first retirement extension.
I was waiting on the steps when they opened at 08h30. Had the letter in hand and was in the Immigration office by 08h45.
I am not sure why Surin are being difficult about this (I am assuming it's Surin Branch you are dealing with, Mr Pound etc) but KC seem to have realised that, being on the spot, they can do a good bit of business this way.
It was GotLost who told me about this when I did a recky ahead of my extension. I also went to see the Immigration Officer to check and was told, no problem, just get your letter fro the KC branch, same day.
So I did and it worked a treat.
By the way....good to meet you by chance in BigC the other day.

Deerculler,
Regarding the bank letter....no need to worry. The BKK Bank branch in Kap Choeng will do the letter whilst you wait for 100 baht. Just did it myself a couple of weeks ago when getting my first retirement extension.
I was waiting on the steps when they opened at 08h30. Had the letter in hand and was in the Immigration office by 08h45.
I am not sure why Surin are being difficult about this (I am assuming it's Surin Branch you are dealing with, Mr Pound etc) but KC seem to have realised that, being on the spot, they can do a good bit of business this way.
It was GotLost who told me about this when I did a recky ahead of my extension. I also went to see the Immigration Officer to check and was told, no problem, just get your letter fro the KC branch, same day.
So I did and it worked a treat.
By the way....good to meet you by chance in BigC the other day.

John
Do you have to be a customer OF THAT BRANCH?

Possibly you might need to go to a full branch as opposed the an 'off-site' Sub Branch in Big C, but I am unsure and your investigations will surely help others Deerculler
thankyou5

Last edited:
My account is in Bangkok and the Kap Choeng branch gave me the letter while I waited for 100 baht.
Good luck Deerculler.

John
Do you have to be a customer OF THAT BRANCH?

Possibly you might need to go to a full branch as opposed the an 'off-site' Sub Branch in Big C, but I am unsure and your investigations will surely help others Deerculler
thankyou5

My branch is in Chiang Mai but I use Kap Choeng for all my transactio. No problems

f
DC is your account a one year fixed? If so this is the reason for the three dayy delay and bangkok

Update on my problem with Bangkok Bank Big C
Decided to to the main Bangkok Bank in Surin before I left for Kap Choeng. They gave me all the paper work I required. No problems.
Kap Choeng Immgration. I have nothing but the highest praise for them. We had a lot of laughs and the Boss lady also told me, next time go to the Bangkok Bank in Kap Choeng as JohnB had told me.
Then she laughed and said that I didn't need the bank letter as my pensions were more than enough.
Thailand is full of surprises and today I was able to see that Immigration Officers are human after all.
We found the same when we arrived back in Don Muang from Veitnam. Immigration Officers were smiling and very friendly

Update on my problem with Bangkok Bank Big C
Decided to to the main Bangkok Bank in Surin before I left for Kap Choeng. They gave me all the paper work I required. No problems.
Kap Choeng Immgration. I have nothing but the highest praise for them. We had a lot of laughs and the Boss lady also told me, next time go to the Bangkok Bank in Kap Choeng as JohnB had told me.
Then she laughed and said that I didn't need the bank letter as my pensions were more than enough.
Thailand is full of surprises and today I was able to see that Immigration Officers are human after all.
We found the same when we arrived back in Don Muang from Veitnam. Immigration Officers were smiling and very friendly
Good to hear all went well, Deerculler.

Back