Ominous training in Surin today.

Rice

Resident Smart Arse
Did anyone else spot the army and police training today in the Provincial government centre today.
There was simulated rioters with wooden implements and the police were in full riot gear firing simulated tear gas and pushing the rioters back with sheilds.
I guess training for all eventualities is a good thing, but. It seemed to worry me just a little.

Did anyone else spot the army and police training today in the Provincial government centre today.
There was simulated rioters with wooden implements and the police were in full riot gear firing simulated tear gas and pushing the rioters back with sheilds.
I guess training for all eventualities is a good thing, but. It seemed to worry me just a little.

This is red shirt country my dear man..:p:D

Being Friday night, I am watching the English subtitles as our leader tells us how we are going to fix Thailand. However, I do wonder what will really happen when election time finally arrives.

Did not see the training exercise but I did wonder why there were traffic police out and about by the bus station / railway crossing. Then the convoy arrived from the north, 2 police cars up front, 3 or 4 commuter buses behind, and another police car or 2 bringing up the rear. Heading down the Prasat road in the direction of the Town Hall. Interesting eh?

Being Friday night, I am watching the English subtitles as our leader tells us how we are going to fix Thailand. However, I do wonder what will really happen when election time finally arrives.

First off, I do wonder when election time will finally arrive.
Then second I'll wonder what will really happen.
Thailand is not a democracy at present.
Which interests will the candidates put forth and how will they get on the ballot ?
Yes of course, when that time finally arrives...:sleeping:

Elections have been postponed again until late 2017, at this stage. Subject to change. I feel in Thailand there is now a lot of unhappy people due to not having money. With the last rice crop barely covering costs, rubber plantations losing money hand over fist, retail shops closing (just look in our city Surin) along with restuarants. It is a sad state of affairs and I feel people are just about at boiling point. Maybe, for a change, the government maybe one step ahead. Planning for possible problems in future? I certainly hope this is not the case but people can only take so much. Especially with Thais having a low threshold before snapping. I feel sorry for the poor thai people. I hope this country can be on the road to recovery soon.

The country must be travelling well..just take a look at the Baht's strength. unemployment is almost non existent and plenty of red plates about.

Baht strength- Artificial and based on $US, Unemployment non-existent- Creative accounting, Plenty of red plates- Household debt over the top But I must admit I do love your sarcasm 5555 :)

Sounds like they are preparing for this shit to hit the fan.

Without touching on all your expectations of doom and gloom, riots have happened in Thailand before, and presumably it's a good thing to have the police and army trained to deal with them.

What Rice saw doesn't necessarily mean any more than that.

Without touching on all your expectations of doom and gloom, riots have happened in Thailand before, and presumably it's a good thing to have the police and army trained to deal with them.

What Rice saw doesn't necessarily mean any more than that.

Totally correct IB. My area of Surin has been crawling with army since 2008 and it has only increased. The locals have no desire for the doom and gloom boys. Saying that this last coup put the double whammy on business from Kap Choeng to Choeng Chom. Under the Luck of Ying it was going nuts, with the junta its been gutted.

From a relative outsiders view point, my question is, are the grown ups looking seriously at the real data. The blatant reality is, GDP figures would prove that there is a seriously gap widening. Export data and the rapidly increasing debt defaults, one would think would set the alarms ringing. Unfortunately, a triple banana republic is looming.

If elections are deferred for long enough, perhaps Yingluck and co. will be eligible to stand again.

From a relative outsiders view point, my question is, are the grown ups looking seriously at the real data. The blatant reality is, GDP figures would prove that there is a seriously gap widening. Export data and the rapidly increasing debt defaults, one would think would set the alarms ringing. Unfortunately, a triple banana republic is looming.
Quite right in Oz too. :(

Quite right in Oz too. :(

Hey ! We don't sell bananas we sell dirt. Oh shit ! This is the same thing isn't it?
But we are transitioning to a different type of economy, so our Pollies tell us. What this new economy is nobody seems to know.
They figure we will get there regardless without their help. HUH !!

Back