Part Sell Off at N+N Restaurant , Surin

Do you ever say anything positive or complementary about anyone, FranzD?

Maybe it's just me but all I hear from you is moan, moan, moan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, it is not just you, Mr Engine. I also find FranzD's posts rather negative. He doesn't seem happy at the moment, so I look forward to reading his future, positive posts and getting to know him at a forthcoming (?) SurinFarang Get-together. (Can almost smell a poll coming soon).

From the Spelling and Grammar Police: I think you needed to use 'complimentary' rather than 'complementary' in your sentence above.

Norbert was / is not well loved in the Surin community .. why ? ... It is all personal stuff.
I like the bloke ...

Okay he is not easy to talk to ... so are a lot more around ...
Okay he smokes and allows smokers in his premises ... I stopped smoking 6 months ago and I'm not the hypocrit that cannot stand smokers anymore like a lot of people I know ... all heavy former smokers ...
Okay he is german and german humour isn't the same as american/english/ossie/kiwi/welch/spanish/portugees ... etc ... humour ... but at least he got some , not like the many balloonchasers around ...
Okay he got some dogs on his premises ... but he who doesn't like animals doesn't like humans imo ...
Okay that entices that the premises are not always up to top health standards ... but I would like to check the premises of those who complain the most ...

I could go on with this but to what avail ...

Let's follow the advice of young bloke who was on a walk-about some 2.000 years ago : let he who is without sin throw the first stone ...

Norbert was / is not well loved in the Surin community .. why ? ... It is all personal stuff.
I like the bloke ...

Okay he is not easy to talk to ... so are a lot more around ...
Okay he smokes and allows smokers in his premises ... I stopped smoking 6 months ago and I'm not the hypocrit that cannot stand smokers anymore like a lot of people I know ... all heavy former smokers ...
Okay he is german and german humour isn't the same as american/english/ossie/kiwi/welch/spanish/portugees ... etc ... humour ... but at least he got some , not like the many balloonchasers around ...
Okay he got some dogs on his premises ... but he who doesn't like animals doesn't like humans imo ...
Okay that entices that the premises are not always up to top health standards ... but I would like to check the premises of those who complain the most ...

I could go on with this but to what avail ...

Let's follow the advice of young bloke who was on a walk-about some 2.000 years ago : let he who is without sin throw the first stone ...

Thank you very much. This is very nice and well written. I wished more people would have your understanding.

So why his restaurant was mostly empty? ;)
Mostly empty. Vielleicht bist du immer nur zur verkehrten Zeit dort gewesen. Maybe you there at the wrong time once oe twice in 1 - 2 years has no meaning,

100_1670.jpg

100_1660.jpg

100_1664.jpg

100_1922.jpg

100_1782.jpg

100_1793.jpg

I was there many times, NongFrank, these are photos from good old times, maybe happens twice a year...
And about "not expired", you know why N told you, to write about it. Sorry...

So why his restaurant was mostly empty? ;)

Franz, the void I speak of is the foods and beers he sells, dry goods, canned goods, good cheeses and deli meats, his home made sausages, papperami - as he calls it, and polish sausages, hams, breads, potato salad, and all that. Plus some good deals on liquors and beers and wines. His place filled a void of product here in the city, and it will be to our detriment for that to go away. Lots of his sales are take away 'market' business, not just sit down restaurant and bar business.

And, these days there is much more competition on both sides of the business. Makro expanded their farang food offerings, and in particular... Big C now has some good stuff for sale, Robinson's with Tops, more bars and restaurants have opened, Thai and farang... some now on both sides of his property. The competition is much more intense.

Last edited:
It would seem that the location is excellent. With a few modifications, particularly to comfort and atmosphere, it could become a gold mine for the right operator. Perhaps we could have a poll to determine the lucky proprietor.

Who will be the first?

http://nnrestaurant.de.tl/Realestate--_--Properties.htm

nobbis for sale
ground area about 120 square meters / each floor
3 floors
year rent 150,000 baht
Sales price 790,000 baht equal to 22,000 euro
year sales in 2013 = 4,300,000 Baht
790,000 baht are negotiable
Depending what the buyer is looking to stock or otherwise
Contact Phone +66816624137

year rent 150,000 baht
Sales price 790,000 baht equal to 22,000 euro"

When does the lease expire? And what guarantee is there that it will be renewed? {is there a deposit in place for returning it back to two single units?).

Who will be the first?

http://nnrestaurant.de.tl/Realestate--_--Properties.htm

nobbis for sale
ground area about 120 square meters / each floor
3 floors
year rent 150,000 baht
Sales price 790,000 baht equal to 22,000 euro
year sales in 2013 = 4,300,000 Baht
790,000 baht are negotiable
Depending what the buyer is looking to stock or otherwise

Again you . When will it happened that you read correctly:

Nobbis for sale

Area approx 120 sq m / each floor
3 floors
year rent 150,000 baht
Retail price 790,000 baht equal to 19.500,00 euros
annual turnover in 2013 = 4,300,000 Baht
The 790,000 baht are negotiable.790.ooo Baht full goods inventory and connections
49o.ooo reduced inventory and without connections. With connections is meant that the suppliers give wholesale prices as an agent for the Lower issan
Ubon Srisaket Surin Buriram
But then an upfront payment 150000-200000 baht must be made with the agreement.

There must be some other budding entrepreneurs in Surin wanting a challenge.

There are, but none want to ply their trade on the Soi Kola. Too expensive for the 'double wides' really, the price of the rents are hard to justify with the diminishing returns of a thinned out customer base. Try the new Kebab shop around the corner from Soi Kola. Some places I have seen place a lot of their savings into their restaurants, only to see that the customer base is fairly thin on the ground if they are going after the farang market here in Surin, and their returns on their investment are not what they anticipated. Crack the Thai market and you can do well enough, along with your farang customers. Many Thais just will not frequent what they see as a 'farang' establishment, especially with their wives and children. For many various reasons, many of which are completely justified in the Thais minds.

year rent 150,000 baht
Sales price 790,000 baht equal to 22,000 euro"

When does the lease expire? And what guarantee is there that it will be renewed? {is there a deposit in place for returning it back to two single units?).

150,000 baht is around 5,000 USD. Which does not include, electric - with Air Con quite expensive, especially during the hot season, water, staff, etc. And you will need 2 years of expenses in the bank to tide you over until you either gain a good healthy following for your place, or you have to close and lose your investment. You'd better have a good product to sell. It's a hard game to win, and a gamble really.

Back