Power points

Discussion in 'House Building Forum' started by FERET, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Yorky

Yorky Surin Founding Father

As an aside, a ThaiVisa member was enquiring about plug bars. I suggested that he open the casing to check whether there was an earth cable (three pins both plug and sockets). He did and discovered that there wasn't!

gotlost likes this.
  2. Yorky

I remember many years ago staying at Mabpruchan Resort in Chonburi. A guest had approached the manager asking if he could borrow a computer lead to fit into the two pin sockets that the resort had. The manager took his computer lead and broke off the earth pin!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  3. gotlost

gotlost Surin Founding Father

That is the only place they check. They have NEVER been in our homes (2) CRU or out to someones lake project. Yes grounds are installed at all points and correctly. If you have an electrician that they know which apparently which was not U;;bad simle;;;;bad simle;; that did the instillation it goes along way.:D:D:D:D:D

4. Yorky

When I had the electrician install my wiring, out of nostalgia, I bought red cable for live, black cable for neutral and green cable for earth (ground). It's what I grew up with.

gotlost and mario299 like this.
  5. Yorky

Strange. My slow/multicooker (also Phillips) also includes the "illegal" left lead.

Surin likes this.
New | Recent