Price of building materials to raise

alanthebuilder

Administrator
Price of building materials is meant to raise 7 % in around 3 months ....Tax Im guessing .

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

I’ve seen boxes of Chang for sale now for 580b & was told about further reductions from a friend who paid 200b less this week for his usual box of wine.
Sorry no link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strangely have seen nothing in the Thai press, but I did note last week that the 2 litre packs of Mar y Sol wine were 50bt/pack cheaper than previously in Tops.

Nothing showing on Google - conceivably a promotion

prince-edward-bottle-house-600x398.jpg

This Buddhist Temple In Thailand Is Made Of Beer Bottles, And It’s Not A Hoax!
million-beer-bottle-temple-ll.jpg

Priyanka Banerjee

Cover Image: Pinterest

In a society where it is believed that the temple premises and alcohol don’t go hand in hand, this Buddhist temple in Thailand has banished all these norms by building a temple using recycled beer bottles. Just 500 km away from Bangkok, lies this remarkable Buddhist temple named Wat Pa Maha Chedi Kaew or ‘the temple of a million bottles’.

How did this idea emerge?
Temple-Premises.jpg

Suggested Read: 15 Best Places To Visit In Bangkok That Will Change Your Opinion About The City

Situated at the Khun Han district of Sisaket province, this unique idea of constructing a temple with beer bottles came in the mind of the monks in 1984. Finally, after getting tired of the mounting waste littered in the area, the old monks of the temple encouraged the locals to deposit beer bottles for recycling.

Over the years, the temple authorities managed to collect a sufficient amount of bottles to use them for the construction of the temple premises which consists of 20 buildings. Everything from the prayer halls, tourist bathrooms, crematorium, to even the mosaics of Buddha are made of this recycled waste.

And, do they have a preferred choice of bottles?
Outside-view-of-the-temple.jpg

Image Source

Suggested Read: Mumbai To Bangkok On A Cruise: 16 Days, 5 Countries & An Incredible Experience

Yes! The green bottles of Heineken and brown bottles of the local Thai Beer have been used for the construction.

In fact, this creative and eco-friendly initiative started by these old Buddhist monks has left everyone speechless!

Isn’t this cool? This Buddhist temple can now be an add-on to your Thailand Vacation. Take a look at our best Thailand packages and make your vacation a fascinating experience!

The bottle Temple is worth a look if your passing. Not too far from home for me either.
There is a resort near to ‘Pattaya Noi’ with mud huts. I’ve stayed there once.
For those who don’t know ‘Pattaya Noi’ is nowhere near Pattaya. It’s a picnic area along the huge reservoir east of Ubon (near to Bottle temple).

Last edited:
The bottle Temple is worth a look if your passing. Not too far from home for me either.
There is a resort near to ‘Pattaya Noi’ with nut huts. I’ve stayed there once.
For those who don’t know ‘Pattaya Noi’ is nowhere near Pattaya. It’s a picnic area along the huge reservoir east of Ubon (near to Bottle temple).

Visited it on the way back from the passport office in Ubon. As you said it is well worth the time.
GPS 14.6183342504, 104.418738824 (Wat Pa Maha Chedi Kaew)

There is a resort near to ‘Pattaya Noi’ with mud huts. I’ve stayed there once.

There is another Little Pattaya 40 kilometres west of Khon Kaen. We paid a visit earlier this year while hunting dinosaurs. Not impressed, the tide was so far out it was nearly dry. We drove down to the lakeside and left almost immediately.

There is another Little Pattaya 40 kilometres west of Khon Kaen. We paid a visit earlier this year while hunting dinosaurs. Not impressed, the tide was so far out it was nearly dry. We drove down to the lakeside and left almost immediately.
I think the one after Ubon is (was?) the biggest expanse of water in Thailand.

Back