Rain?

"There's something wrong with the electric"

"I know, there's a reduction in the supply because of the storm"

"Can you check the consumer unit?"

"There's no point, it doesn't speak English!"

Power went down again this evening. Appeared to be just our house so my wife blamed me - again.

"It is not our house", I told her, "Ring PEA".

She rang PEA who told her it was nothing to do with them. It must be our house but they didn't have the resources/time to check at present as they had failures elsewhere.

Fifteen minutes later they rang back to say "check your electric now".

We hadn't touched anything but magically everything was hunky dorey again!

[Edit: PEA did initially suggest that we turn off the main breaker for a few minutes then turn it back on again. Some folks have been listening to Microsoft too much]

It's been off and on, heavy and light most of the early evening. It's also a bit chilly. The weather centre says 25°C but it appears colder to me.

Feeling hot here Yorky - 71%humidity and 27c after the rain. If you are feeling cold, maybe check your own body temperature?

Feeling hot here Yorky - 71%humidity and 27c after the rain. If you are feeling cold, maybe check your own body temperature?

Showing 23°C here now. Rh 93%.

I'm not used to the cold (as we hardly use aircon).

Over my drum about 2 hours ago.
Any idea how full the reservoirs are these days? I'd think we must be topped off pretty well this season. Haven't been down by Huay Senang in a few weeks. Looked pretty full up then.

I almost went on Thirstday after 90 day reporting at Surin Immigration but my wife overruled me and we went to Lotus's.*

It appears to me that Huay Senang fills up pretty quickly during the wet season but empties very quickly during the dry season. Whilst it was virtually empty two years ago it would have been sensible to hit it with a mass of diggers to increase the capacity. I realise that they made an effort but it was rather a pathetic effort given the trouble that the Surin water supply was suffering. They only appeared to be haymaking.

*Has anyone figured out how to pronounce this yet?

Back