Retirement extension yesterday at Sisaket.....

Last month I had to go to Immigration HO (Cheang Wattana) to replace my residents book which was full. I was told to come back after 4 days, but the residents permit section told me they would deal with re-entry permits on my behalf. (I need 2- one in my passport and 1 in the residents book -double cost!)

When I went to collect, and being prepared to give a tip for their added help, I had to wait a further 2 hours, because they had not finished everything. Finally when the new book arrived, I was kept waiting and 3 people who arrived after me were given their books first which they had to sign for. More delay!

Needless to say the tip remained in my pocket!

I have to say one more thing about Immigration services, visa extensions, 90-day reports and 'farangs' in general. Over the past 10 years I have enjoyed good, courteous and helpful service from many Thai Immigration Officers at a number of different Immigration Offices around Thailand. I have also seen on many different occasions the odd farang getting well and truly messed around by the immigration officials. While waiting in an orderly queue you can listen to the comments being made by the farangs, observe their standard of dress and make a pretty good guess who is going to be selected for 'special' attention. I have seldom been disappointed and usually guess correctly. The loud mouthed, critical farang with the inappropriate sense of dress is usually the chosen one. Now if I can see it coming I am surprised that these specially trained individuals cannot.

I have to say one more thing about Immigration services, visa extensions, 90-day reports and 'farangs' in general. Over the past 10 years I have enjoyed good, courteous and helpful service from many Thai Immigration Officers at a number of different Immigration Offices around Thailand. I have also seen on many different occasions the odd farang getting well and truly messed around by the immigration officials. While waiting in an orderly queue you can listen to the comments being made by the farangs, observe their standard of dress and make a pretty good guess who is going to be selected for 'special' attention. I have seldom been disappointed and usually guess correctly. The loud mouthed, critical farang with the inappropriate sense of dress is usually the chosen one. Now if I can see it coming I am surprised that these specially trained individuals cannot.

In spades..ThumbUp6ThumbUp6ThumbUp6

Back