Starbeam's closed the next 4 days

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
Starbeam's will be closed today, Tuesday, Wednesday per usual, and Thursday as we have a large catering order of our famous Satay Moo sticks for a family funeral and have to close to make the order and cater the funeral. We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes our customers. We will re-open for business Friday, June 25.

I have seen open shack type eateries in my village, that sell kwitiou and various dishes with rice, close down for several days to enable the lady boss to cater a funeral/marriage or some Buddha function. Her regular customers, are forced to eat elsewhere, and some do not return. Be careful Cent!

I have seen open shack type eateries in my village, that sell kwitiou and various dishes with rice, close down for several days to enable the lady boss to cater a funeral/marriage or some Buddha function. Her regular customers, are forced to eat elsewhere, and some do not return. Be careful Cent!
Yes, well those eateries usually have a lot of competition in the villages (I've seen it in our own village and surrounding). And many sell the same nearly exact thing. I've seen these places lose customers over a 1 baht difference in price. We cater to a different Thai consumer, with a large variety of dishes, set pricing, comfortable dining conditions and large enough seating for family dining in some air con in a clean and modern environment, etc. More a middle class thing and customer base. They understand better these family wedding and funeral closures. Plus they seem to vary their restaurant dining out and have a number of places they enjoy, so one closing for a few days is not a big deal, and if they like what you have that is different and not the same as every menu around they will usually return and are not too inconvenienced if you close for a few days. Difference in my mind is city living compared to the village life style. JMHO.

Back