Steves Coffee Corner Prakon Chai

From Nang Rong the 24 is totally 4 lanes. Can't get stuck behind trucks. Far quicker route to Bangkok than going to Khorat first.

But from Prasat to Nang Rong is the problem. Single carriage way, slow at the best of times and awful when the sugar cane trucks are about.

Why go Prasat to Nang Rong?

Surin to Grasang. Grasang to Prakonchai.(stop for a meal at Coffee Corner and a wee in the best restaurant toilet in Issan) Back in the car and then Praconchai to Nang Rong and beyond.

The 226 is also notorious for sugar cane trucks.

no please - do not start a poll...

Why go Prasat to Nang Rong?

Surin to Grasang. Grasang to Prakonchai.(stop for a meal at Coffee Corner and a wee in the best restaurant toilet in Issan ) Back in the car and then Praconchai to Nang Rong and beyond.
The 226 is also notorious for sugar cane trucks.

Wow - now that's a mouth full !

That statement squarely places this restaurant in the top tier of my 'must doo dining' list (pun intended) ...as long as they don't have a host standing there massaging my back while I'm urinating ;-))

Stevo, in your sixteen years experience of teaching...how many restaurant bathrooms have you tried (understanding that the school facilities near 'lunchroom' may not be top-tier) ?
Would those bathrooms be mostly in greater Buriram /Surin provinces or proportionately located throughout Isaan ?

(just kidding...try not to get bent out of shape).

Not if you set off at 2 am from Surin mate , straight though Khorat city faster by far pal ,
I've driven every route Stevo over the last 15 years .
Of course if you drive at a normal time of day although Khorat is the more direct shorter route you will get stuck in traffic .
2 hours 15 mins is the fastest I've drove from surin to Khorat on that direct route and I'm at the East end of Surin tongue:

Last edited:
Wow - now that's a mouth full !

That statement squarely places this restaurant in the top tier of my 'must doo dining' list (pun intended) ...as long as they don't have a host standing there massaging my back while I'm urinating ;-))

Stevo, in your sixteen years experience of teaching...how many restaurant bathrooms have you tried (understanding that the school facilities near 'lunchroom' may not be top-tier) ?
Would those bathrooms be mostly in greater Buriram /Surin provinces or proportionately located throughout Isaan ?

(just kidding...try not to get bent out of shape).

Not sure of the connection between teaching and toilets.

What I wrote about the toilet in Coffee Corner was an old joke. It was aimed at P.Nick's comment. He would understand that joke. Newer members may not.

Not sure of the connection between teaching and toilets.

What I wrote about the toilet in Coffee Corner was an old joke. It was aimed at P.Nick's comment. He would understand that joke. Newer members may not.

Cannot see the connection between my post and the Coffee Corner toilet!

Never mind - we are now once again off topic!

My Corner/Coffee Corner does a daily lunchtime special (different every day) Well worth the visit.

Cannot see the connection between my post and the Coffee Corner toilet!

Never mind - we are now once again off topic!

My Corner/Coffee Corner does a daily lunchtime special (different every day) Well worth the visit.

Sorry Nick. I was a humourous attempt to get things back on topic.

I can confirm first hand that My Corner does indeed seem very popular.

Back