Surin Drinking Holes

https://www.facebook.com/groups/elephantandcastle/

Surin Sabaidi
April 26 at 7:12am
Bad times for foreign community.
"Sports Bar" at main bus station (opposite "Farang Connnection") closed its doors last Thursday (24 April). An Isan restaurant with Thai management should open instead.
Second place to close in less than one year, after "Starbeam Restaurant" last August (2013), and for quite similar reasons: the owners ask you to leave!

COFFEE WE NEED YOUR EXPERTISE as our man about town..T.I.C.

I rarely go to the Sportsman's Bar though I did stop by for a Leo one night following Songkraan.

An English expat told me he was in the Sportsman's Bar one afternoon just this past week for some Leos. He also stated that he was the only customer on the premises though night-time may bring more traffic.

As I'm not a regular at that establishment I can not provide any further information on whether they're alive or not as of today. ShitHappens1

That's strange. I drove by there yesterday and they were open. I heard this going around last week, that the SB is going to close. Maybe they sold it and it will remain open until the changing of the guards?

That's strange. I drove by there yesterday and they were open. I heard this going around last week, that the SB is going to close. Maybe they sold it and it will remain open until the changing of the guards?

Thanks WOH. You hear so many stories from non local people that sometimes things are misleading.

Is it a sign of the times?

I visited FC on Tuesday last (after travelling virtually to Krasang to post a letter) around 2 pm. Empty. One guy who I didn't know came in, had a coke and a cigarette and left. The usual suspects arrived around 3:30 pm.

Yesterday I went to Brendan's around 4pm. Empty. I left at 5:30 and there were still no customers.

Do you think it may be because my truck was parked outside.

Y

Last edited:
It's not just Surin drinking holes that are suffering from this low, low season.

A few nights ago, I arrived at the Roo Bar in Walking Street at 2:20am for a usual late night drink before retiring. Normally open till 3am, the shutters were just coming down. Word was that, if I could have bought a drink, I would have been the second customer in the past 5 hours! Now, that is central Walking Street, Pattaya!

Whats this new watering hole on the other side of the railtracks past the crossing nearest to Starbeams old location???

Is it a sign of the times?

I visited FC on Tuesday last (after travelling virtually to Krasang to post a letter) around 2 pm. Empty. One guy who I didn't know came in, had a coke and a cigarette and left. The usual suspects arrived around 3:30 pm.

Yesterday I went to Brendan's around 4pm. Empty. I left at 5:30 and there were still no customers.

Do you think it may be because my truck was parked outside.

Y

Mister Excitement....ei ei ei

Attachments

• 480.JPG
    480.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
obviously the compensation as stated...

Sorry, cannot help. Better send our special reporter. Coffee, unpaid assignment for you.

...might be better served by another member.

Anyhow as a young child, my mamma told me in the sternest of terms not to cross those tracks.

With so many fun places to float one's boat maybe a review would be best undertaken by a member who really gives a flying f**k. T.I.C.

If half the rumours were true you I would've laid Marilyn before I had, wouldn't have you ? Think1

Back