Surin moves on road accident prevention project at local level

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Surin moves on road accident prevention project at local level

SURIN, 7 July 2014 (NNT) – Surin Province is moving to enter a road accident prevention network, operating at a local level.

Surin's Governor said horrific road accidents are the main reason for a higher rate of death and injury in the community, compared to other causes.

According to statistics from the WHO, Thailand is the world's second worst country at risk of road accidents and is first among ASEAN countries sustaining the most damage from road accidents. Surin Province remained high on the list of road accident deaths each year.

The Thai Health Promotion Foundation (ThaiHealth) has supported a learning process to improve individual awareness of road accident prevention amongst the people of Surin Province, by supporting a road accident prevention network project operating at a local level, in order to develop effective measures of road accident prevention.

-- NNT 2014-07-07

Like enforcing the requirement to have a valid licence (after passing a test, not paying a bribe)?

That would be a good start IB. In Bangkok they have tightned right up for a couple of years now. Saw it with my own two eyes and ears. What was really funny though, was the big sign up at The Land transport department licencing branch in Bangkok. "Women with sexy or revealing atire will be sent home, with no testing allowed ". Written in Thai of course. Actually saw this happen to some young lady.

Thai Government offices rather like imposing dress codes, Rice. The Immigration office in Chiangmai used to refuse to attend to people in shorts or sleeveless T-shirts. Nobody seems to have tried this at KC!

Was once asked to do up an extra button on my shirt before being photographed for my licence renewal. Must have looked too sexy! I guess all those bar girls in the illicit sois of Pattaya are right after all when they call out, "Hello, sexy man!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Was once asked to do up an extra button on my shirt before being photographed for my licence renewal. Must have looked too sexy! I guess all those bar girls in the illicit sois of Pattaya are right after all when they call out, "Hello, sexy man!"

You must of made yourself really attractive, and slapped a 1000B bill on your forehead.

Back