Surin warns locals of climate change

Moderator3

SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member

BANGKOK, 15 August 2014 (NNT) - Surin Deputy Governor has warned locals to brace for moderate to heavy rain as the Meteorological Department has forecast that it is going to rain in up to 60% of the northeastern region.

Mr According to Surin Governor Thavorn Kulchoti, local authorities have issued a warning for residents and farmers in Surin to brace for heavy torrential rain and hail storms, which could cause damage to their lives and property.

Residents have been advised to refrain from using cellphone in open area during the rain, for safety reasons.

Local agencies have been instructed to warn residents to stay safe during this period. In case of accident, local residents should call Surin’s Prevention and Mitigation Department at (04) 414-3059, or Hotline 1784 around the clock.

-- NNT 2014-08-15

BANGKOK, 15 August 2014 (NNT) - Surin Deputy Governor has warned locals to brace for moderate to heavy rain as the Meteorological Department has forecast that it is going to rain in up to 60% of the northeastern region.

Mr According to Surin Governor Thavorn Kulchoti, local authorities have issued a warning for residents and farmers in Surin to brace for heavy torrential rain and hail storms, which could cause damage to their lives and property.

Residents have been advised to refrain from using cellphone in open area during the rain, for safety reasons.

Local agencies have been instructed to warn residents to stay safe during this period. In case of accident, local residents should call Surin’s Prevention and Mitigation Department at (04) 414-3059, or Hotline 1784 around the clock.

-- NNT 2014-08-15

No mention of time frame here. The weather forecast website I consult shows 60% chance of thundery rain from Sunday through the next two or three days. Anyone got better info?

Where is Got Lost on the rare occasions you need him ? :smile:

I feel a meteorological chart coming on.................

I'm reading my crystal ball. The gov is full of shyt along with wankers that wrote the article.

When your crystal ball is read, GL, please share your insights. Gov being full of shyte and their spokesmen being wankers is nothing new. We await your forecast with respect and a bit of awe.....

When your crystal ball is read, GL, please share your insights. Gov being full of shyte and their spokesmen being wankers is nothing new. We await your forecast with respect and a bit of awe.....

This may take a moment or two..
1320551685393350.jpg

I think they are confusing Climate with weather.
Climate probably started to change in Thailand years ago. Thats what happens when you chop down all your forests. :-(

I think GL's crystal ball is broken again. Still learning how to power up the IMacs I guess! Surin met site suggests 50 to 60% chance of rain for the next week with thunderstorms. No different from the last couple of weeks really.

Last edited:

Cell phones, small metal items, jewellery, etc., do not attract lightning. Lightning tends to strike taller objects. People that are struck, are struck because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time. The wrong place is anywhere outside. The wrong time is anytime under a thunderstorm. Yes you should refrain from using your phone in the rain. It will get bloody wet along along with you.

Yet another utter myth.

Two...

From TMD 40% today 30% tomorrow the 40%,40%,40%,50%,50%.
In other words the Surin gov has his head up his ass and its going to be dryer than a popcorn fart.T.I.C.
http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=32

...yo sho' do have your way with words, pard-nah.

I do not believe I have ever heard that expression prior. Good_Night
Now what exactly did you say to the crystal lady...'Please hold my ball, won't ya sista ?' ThumbUp6 + T.I.C.

Back