Surin Weather 2022 - 2023

A weather forecast is only that, a forecast. One does the best one can but, at the end of the day, it is only a forecast. :)

"In reaction to the controversy, the term "the Michael Fish effect" has been coined, whereby British weathermen are now inclined to predict "a worst-case scenario in order to avoid being caught out". The term "Michael Fish moment" is applied to public forecasts, on any topic, which turn out to be embarrassingly wrong."

A weather forecast is only that, a forecast. One does the best one can but, at the end of the day, it is only a forecast. :)

Of course.
Thankfully another wrote "50 by Christmas." :p

I've stated one can always give that prediction a chance.
"Why, it's only been seven years", was the reply chimed by another. lol

"In reaction to the controversy, the term "the Michael Fish effect" has been coined, whereby British weathermen are now inclined to predict "a worst-case scenario in order to avoid being caught out". The term "Michael Fish moment" is applied to public forecasts, on any topic, which turn out to be embarrassingly wrong."
Ah! The Michael Fish Moment. I know It well. I have come face-to-face with Michael. Quite embarrassingly too. Myself, and half a dozen other new recruits for BAe Systems, or British Aerospace as it was then, had just met up in the hotel bar at Lytham St Annes, for a few bevies on the first evening of our induction course. The beer was flowing freely and, as is the wont of ex-RAF types, so were the bar games. Can't remember the precise game, but someone was down to his underpants, he had just removed them, and with a flourish, threw them across the room. At that precise time, these underpants were flying through the air, who walked into the bar to be confronted by these offending undergarments hitting him full in the face? None other than Sir Michael Fish. He made a very hasty retreat. No quiet nightcap for him. :D :D :D

True story.

Mrs GL had good talk with her son and daughter in law. The live in Nakon Sawan. They live in a major swamp. They moved all they had from ground level to upstairs. They can see maga fishy and go fishing from upstairs. Aun moved his truck and motorcycle to higer ground. Thay have to take a boat to to the grocery store.

Back