Thai Immigration Website Problems

W

Wombat

Trying to do my 90 day online report and the Immigration website is all over the place. I cannot get into the online report page. Might be because they have just posted a big warning page about overstaying when you first open the website.

Or, time to get in your car and motor on down there. You were one of the very few who actually managed on-line reporting. No chance for the rest of us.

I have done some research on Thai Visa and the online 90 day report site is DOWN all over Thailand. Possibly due to the leap year effect.

Last week talking with a friend who had just did his 90 day report by visiting KCI, he is out of Buriram, he asked KCI IO's about the online problem of reporting and he was told "Its NOT KCI problem it's Bangkok talk to them.":rolleyes:

Last week talking with a friend who had just did his 90 day report by visiting KCI, he is out of Buriram, he asked KCI IO's about the online problem of reporting and he was told "Its NOT KCI problem it's Bangkok talk to them.":rolleyes:

Exactly what I was told 90 days ago. I've now stopped asking.

I have just followed that link and the subsequent Thai Immigration Website. When I tried to log into the 90-day report I got this:

90-day reporting.jpg

I guess that says it all and for me it will soon be time to take another nice drive in the country, and every 90 days thereafter.

Did anyone press the advanced button and add the exception to your browser. I guess not !
Do not forget to download the authenticity certificate from the web site.

Now try again !

Did anyone press the advanced button and add the exception to your browser. I guess not !
Do not forget to download the authenticity certificate from the web site.

Now try again !

Jasus, that's a bit advanced for some of us technical morons Rice.

I guess we are talking I.E. here (which I rarely use) so a fuller explanation of the two procedures would be of assistance if you have the time.

[I.e. a step by step procedure for dummies?]

I know what Rice is talking about but I must question whether it is safe to do so. Just for the record, I have proceeded beyond the warning sign and entered the website in question last year. This was on my old computer. However, apart from displaying the opening page with the warning about fines for not reporting and the first page (of 4) to do the report nothing else happened. Total waste of time. I am sure it is easier and quicker to drive to KCI and report in person than mess around with that website.

I am sure it is easier and quicker to drive to KCI and report in person than mess around with that website.

If it works as it should, it is in no way easier and quicker (at least in my case) to drive to KCI to report in person. I also doubt that the action of driving 70 km each way every 3 months is a saving of the fossil fuels which we appear to be intent on depleting at the earliest opportunity.

[Edit: having just driven 140 km for a 60 seconds transaction in KCI this week].

When I was doing my retirement extension in January, an officer spent a good few minutes encouraging me to do 90 day reporting on-line, showing me how to start on a computer in the office and then asking me to photograph the two sided display board just outside the main entrance.

I recall he did mention that I would have to ignore the warning about the security of the connection and proceed anyway.

My next opportunity to try it out is not until mid-April and so, in the meantime, perhaps we shall have further and clearer information.

My brain will explode if I have to do this for every web browser.

A public key certificate, usually just called a certificate, is a digitally signed statement that binds the value of a public key to the identity of the person, device, or service that holds the corresponding private key. One of the main benefits of certificates is that hosts no longer have to maintain a set of passwords for individual subjects who need to be authenticated as a prerequisite to access. Instead, the host merely establishes trust in a certificate issuer.

Most certificates in common use are based on the X.509 v3 certificate standard.

Typically, certificates contain the following information:

• The subject's public key value.

• The subject's identifier information, such as the name and e-mail address.

• The validity period (the length of time that the certificate is considered valid).

• Issuer identifier information.

• The digital signature of the issuer, which attests to the validity of the binding between the subject's public key and the subject's identifier information.
What you are doing in essence is setting up your PC as a unique entity to the Immigration server. Now as I believe they know who you are and where you live already. I find no security risk in doing this.

• Don't just ignore the message and push through as this will defeat the certificate process. Install the exception and certificate. It is for your own benefit.

John,

I've tried to report on line 3 times now. Both computers each time, one using W8 (and 10) the other W7. I've tried using I.E., Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome. In every instance after completing and submitting page 1, I receive a blank page with the response "Please contact your local Immigration Office". I have spoken to "my local Immigration Office" (KCI) on two occasions and received the reply - "We know it doesn't always work but it's Bangkok's problem".

For information: 3 times x 2 computers x 3 times each x 4 browsers. I'm sorry if it appears to be my fault.

My brain will explode if I have to do this for every web browser.

• Don't just ignore the message and push through as this will defeat the certificate process. Install the exception and certificate. It is for your own benefit.

Is there more? I really wished to know how to do all this (not an explanation of what it meant). Given that Thai Immigration have stated that the process only works with I.E., I don't see the need to explain it for every browser.

"Install the exception and certificate"? - that's the action which I do not follow.

[Edit: why didn't the IO at KCI explain that?]

You must remember that I've only just discovered the difference between FAT and NTFS.

Just goes to show how general ignorance abounds. I.E is not even supported anymore by Microsoft. Just for curiosity because I am yet to do a 90 day report, because I keep leaving the country.
I have tried other browsers and all seems to work fine. The only thing is I have never done was hit submit to see what happens if that is where it has a hissy fit.

Do you really think they would know about certificates. They would be flat out remembering what they had for breakfast, at least you can do that Yorky.

Just goes to show how general ignorance abounds. I.E is not even supported anymore by Microsoft. Just for curiosity because I am yet to do a 90 day report, because I keep leaving the country.
I have tried other browsers and all seems to work fine. The only thing is I have never done was hit submit to see what happens if that is where it has a hissy fit.

Do you really think they would know about certificates. They would be flat out remembering what they had for breakfast, at least you can do that Yorky.

I rarely eat breakfast.

And the problem occurs when you hit the "submit" button (having proved that you are not a machine). So, when you were allowed onto the first page, did you ignore the warning?

Back