Thai Immigration Website Problems

According to Todd Daniel's the website is back up for 90 day reporting.

I remember when IB stated you can mail your documents to KCI fifteen days before your report is due...for 'reporting by mail.'
Is this something anyone has been willing to do successfully to their satisfaction ?

Could this be the way to go?

How to make IE8 trust a self-signed certificate in 20 irritating steps
  1. Browse to the site whose certificate you want to trust.
  2. When told “There is a problem with this website's security certificate.”, choose “Continue to this website (not recommended).”
  3. Select Tools➞Internet Options.
  4. Select Security➞Trusted sites➞Sites.
  5. Confirm the URL matches, and click “Add” then “Close”.
  6. Close the “Internet Options” dialog box with either “OK” or “Cancel”.
  7. Refresh the current page.
  8. When told “There is a problem with this website's security certificate.”, choose “Continue to this website (not recommended).”
  9. Click on “Certificate Error” at the right of the address bar and select “View certificates”.
  10. Click on “Install Certificate...”, then in the wizard, click “Next”.
  11. On the next page select “Place all certificates in the following store”.
  12. Click “Browse”, select “Trusted Root Certification Authorities”, and click “OK”.
  13. Back in the wizard, click “Next”, then “Finish”.
  14. If you get a “Security Warning” message box, click “Yes”.
  15. Dismiss the message box with “OK”.
  16. Select Tools➞Internet Options.
  17. Select Security➞Trusted sites➞Sites.
  18. Select the URL you just added, click “Remove”, then “Close”.
  19. Now shut down all running instances of IE, and start up IE again.
  20. The site’s certificate should now be trusted.
If it is, I'm not surprised that KCI didn't explain it!

According to Todd Daniel's the website is back up for 90 day reporting.

I remember when IB stated you can mail your documents to KCI fifteen days before your report is due...for 'reporting by mail.'
Is this something anyone has been willing to do successfully to their satisfaction ?

Coffee, I believed that this was kicked in the head by KCI because Farangs were submitting their 90 day reporting forms without enclosing SAEs. Not that I blame KCI for this. I'm sure I would have done likewise.

I shall leave it to others. I am not required to report for another 3 months and then I shall need to apply for (and hopefully receive) my next extension so I shall need to apply in person anyway.

[So why didn't you say that?]

I believe that it is possible for applicants to enter their data (any old rubbish) and press the submit button to reach page 2. Perhaps, as you have sorted out the certification problem, you could try that for the rest of us morons.

Coffee, I believed that this was kicked in the head by KCI because Farangs were submitting their 90 day reporting forms without enclosing SAEs. Not that I blame KCI for this. I'm sure I would have done likewise.

Even when you did enclose an SAE, that didn't necessarily mean you got your form back. I did so once, with ten 1-baht stamps to make it easy to identify. Nothing happened. I then emailed to ask where my form was, and got my SAE, ten 1-baht stamps included, back in a couple of days.

The only time I attempted to report by post was conducted in the manner stipulated on their website - postal report to Bangkok Immigration. 21 days later I received confirmation of my report and an instruction to report to KCI in future. Obviously I'd driven down to KCI in the meantime to report as I did not want to be penalised for not reporting on time. At that time KCI stated that I shouldn't even attempt to report by post (not to them anyway!).

Could this be the way to go?

How to make IE8 trust a self-signed certificate in 20 irritating steps
  1. Browse to the site whose certificate you want to trust.
  2. When told “There is a problem with this website's security certificate.”, choose “Continue to this website (not recommended).”
  3. Select Tools➞Internet Options.
  4. Select Security➞Trusted sites➞Sites.
  5. Confirm the URL matches, and click “Add” then “Close”.
  6. Close the “Internet Options” dialog box with either “OK” or “Cancel”.
  7. Refresh the current page.
  8. When told “There is a problem with this website's security certificate.”, choose “Continue to this website (not recommended).”
  9. Click on “Certificate Error” at the right of the address bar and select “View certificates”.
  10. Click on “Install Certificate...”, then in the wizard, click “Next”.
  11. On the next page select “Place all certificates in the following store”.
  12. Click “Browse”, select “Trusted Root Certification Authorities”, and click “OK”.
  13. Back in the wizard, click “Next”, then “Finish”.
  14. If you get a “Security Warning” message box, click “Yes”.
  15. Dismiss the message box with “OK”.
  16. Select Tools➞Internet Options.
  17. Select Security➞Trusted sites➞Sites.
  18. Select the URL you just added, click “Remove”, then “Close”.
  19. Now shut down all running instances of IE, and start up IE again.
  20. The site’s certificate should now be trusted.
If it is, I'm not surprised that KCI didn't explain it!

I am sure it is easier and quicker to drive to KCI and report in person than mess around with that website.

After reading that Nomad, I may rescind my previous observation!

I have no idea whether there is any truth in what I have just read today:

"Internet Explorer has long been the bane of many Web developers’ existence, but here’s some news to brighten your day: Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 are reaching ‘end of life’ on Tuesday, meaning they’re no longer supported by Microsoft".

Should anyone tell Thai Immigration?

[Note: to which Tuesday they are referring, I have no idea, but it must be soon]

Yorky, obviously your Mrs has shopping to do in Chong Chom four or five times annually.
Why would you want to report online :p

Yorky, obviously your Mrs has shopping to do in Chong Chom four or five times annually.
Why would you want to report online :p

My missis hasn't been near Chong Chom market for over a year! Why would you think that she's a regular?

After six years I thought that shopping was part of the reason for going to KCI quarterly...(part of the drill in jest). :cool:

[Caveat: Then again I've possibly been with a handfull of gf's during that period with zero marriage.]

I have no idea whether there is any truth in what I have just read today:

"Internet Explorer has long been the bane of many Web developers’ existence, but here’s some news to brighten your day: Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 are reaching ‘end of life’ on Tuesday, meaning they’re no longer supported by Microsoft".

Should anyone tell Thai Immigration?

[Note: to which Tuesday they are referring, I have no idea, but it must be soon]

That was a 12th January this year. Microsoft Edge can launch Internet Explorer 11 for sites that need better backward compatibility. Internet Explorer 11 will continue to be supported on Windows 10.
But if you are not running Win 10 Explorer 11 is not supported either. Don't ever believe what anybody says. Google is your friend.

I have Firefox and Edge. What chance do I have of contacting KCI before 12th March (with or without a security certificate)?

I did mine yesterday afternoon after trying all morning and the day before. I used Edge and went to settings and clicked on Open Internet Explorer or something similar. Got the approval 30 minutes later, last time I did it, I had to wait a few days for the approval.
Over to you Coffee.

Seriously Wombat.
If I can book tickets on a commercial flight picking seats while providing my personal address and passport information along with credit card and then print said ticket out - ("why oh why can't I fly") - then why can't I complete a simple report of address with my passport info online four times annually?

I won't touch the internet settings on my laptop to enter a site that possibly can f**k me, sook me and pull my undershorts over my head allowing my confidentiality to be permanently wedgied or compromised by unknown viruses and backdoor hooliganism. ;;bones;;

I'm with mate Surin on this one. I'd rather leave the country than to put up with a loosely scrambled website that a Google platform can not endorse as being even remotely in the proximity of being considered safe. ;;anger;;

(Truth is I don't own a printer.) :pensive:

Back