Thailand is on their ass.

TT USD 36.90. I have not seen it this high since 2005. ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;; I'm greedy. I WANT MORE. ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;;

Then you must go round with your eyes closed...... it was 38.2 almost a year ago.

I still remember some Americans saying it would be 40 by Christmas! :grinning:

Then you must go round with your eyes closed...... it was 38.2 almost a year ago.

I still remember some Americans saying it would be 40 by Christmas! :grinning:
It would likely have been 40 by Christmas (which one though??) had the Englishman's prediction of 50 by Christmas (no doubt the same one) come true. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

It is now looking as if "45 is the new 50" will be reached this week.. Is it Christmas already?

Glad to see the rise of the dollar, or decline of the baht, helping the USD exchange rates. Just a few baht difference can bring a decent rate when exchanging thousands of baht. Just a four baht difference can bring a nice bonus when exchanging larger amounts.

Glad to see the rise of the dollar, or decline of the baht, helping the USD exchange rates. Just a few baht difference can bring a decent rate when exchanging thousands of baht. Just a four baht difference can bring a nice bonus when exchanging larger amounts.

When I transfer Sterling from UK it is normally in batches of £5,000.00 therefore a ฿1.00 increase in the exchange rate can buy a shed load more beer (albeit a small shed).

Think of the Brits Mike :) ...

The 10 year XE chart shows the USD/THB high/low as 29.86 vs 38.32 (and that high was last October).

For GBP/THB the high/low was 36.99/56.25.....with the high being way back in August 2015.

The 20 year chart will make any Brit, who was here in 2004, weep in his beer:-

USD/THB high/low 44.07 (2003)/28.60 (2013)

GBP/THB high/low 76.49 (2004)//36.91 (2019)

Think of the Brits Mike :) ...

The 10 year XE chart shows the USD/THB high/low as 29.86 vs 38.32 (and that high was last October).

For GBP/THB the high/low was 36.99/56.25.....with the high being way back in August 2015.

The 20 year chart will make any Brit, who was here in 2004, weep in his beer:-

USD/THB high/low 44.07 (2003)/28.60 (2013)

GBP/THB high/low 76.49 (2004)//36.91 (2019)
After I think of us Yanks I always think of you Brits next. :)

I remember USD @ 54 and the GBP@ 94. That was on around the world flight I was taking.

I had a customer at the bank who assembled generators, mainly for Arabs. He bought parts from Thailand. He came in and bought GBP 100,000 of Thai Baht.

I had a customer at the bank who assembled generators, mainly for Arabs. He bought parts from Thailand. He came in and bought GBP 100,000 of Thai Baht.
Yup. Doubled my buying power in the LOS back then, and things were much cheaper back then. As were the flights as well. It actually WAS the good old days, for us. Settled at 40 to the dollar for a while, then seemed to stay stuck on 38 for quite a while. I'd take 40. :) Easy conversion. 4K baht for 100 bucks. Nice round numbers. LOL ;;money;;

When I visited the United States in February 1977, the exchange rate at the time was 1.30 USD for an Australian dollar. I remember getting 16.40 baht to the dollar here in 1992.

A few baht difference.................... You say. You do know in real terms that is 8.5% increase. Not a bad pay increase at any day. Now you know in real terms why it makes such a difference.

Back