Thawing UK Frozen Pensions

CO-CO

Rather wrinkly & occasionally cantankerous member
All the illegals arriving daily in the UK get all sorts of handourts -do nothing for it, yet complain about everything. Those of us who worked, paid our National Insurance contributions (I paid 44) still get nothing more from the day we retired here in Thailand and many other countries.

What handouts do they get exactly?

A genuine question.

CO-CO

Just read this in the Express re the Afghan refugees.

families would live rent-free while their applications are processed, with subsidised energy bills, mobile phones and £40 a week spending money for all adults

Meanwhile..........
.2,500 Brit veterans stay homeless
I imagine that obligation falls under the Refugee Convention (or whatever covers the internationally agreed rights of refugees).

Reference to veterans is irrelevant and a totally different subject

I don't believe that Albanians (the majority of current trespassers) have the refugee status.

Prakhonchai Nick

You chose a custom title
I imagine that obligation falls under the Refugee Convention (or whatever covers the internationally agreed rights of refugees).

Reference to veterans is irrelevant and a totally different subject

I don't believe that Albanians (the majority of current trespassers) have the refugee status.
If there are internationally agreed rights of refugees, I doubt they would travel all the way to the UK, if they didn't get a far more favourable deal in the UK.

The Albanians are basically trespassers, yet they all receive accommodation (not exactly basic in most cases but deluxe) and likely more!

CO-CO

If there are internationally agreed rights of refugees, I doubt they would travel all the way to the UK, if they didn't get a far more favourable deal in the UK.

The Albanians are basically trespassers, yet they all receive accommodation (not exactly basic in most cases but deluxe) and likely more!

So you haven't read reports about Manston migrant centre?

Of course there are internationally agreed rights for refugees - perhaps you should be aware of their existence. Start with the 1951 Refugee Convention and then try something like https://www.refugee-action.org.uk/about/facts-about-refugees/.

The issue is not of refugees rights but the UK's long standing inability to control it's borders. Couple that with the profits from human trafficking and the French unwillingness to keep migrants on their soil, and you have a big problem.