The making of Bar Girls

Agreed

Even though I agree there are girls making lots of money ,if you was to take the profession as a whole, most are not.As I have had a bar I always treat the girls with respect as I know what most of them go through.I don't like Go Go Bars and the little money I do spend now when I do go to places like Pattaya is normally spent on the girls that work the quieter beer bars, they are the ones that seem to need the money the most and the ones that I find are normally the nicest to talk too.

I fully agree with you, however I still enjoy visiting GoGos in Pattaya run by good frinds of mine. I do also enjoy the quality that some of the smaller Beer Bars can offer in way of a quiet relaxed time too. In fact I will visit a few of those and consume several SM Lights at 50 baht each before venturing into the Walking St area where one pays up to 150 instead.
Respect for the girls is really the key to having a great night out, ok the GoGos are fun, once in a while, but I cant be bothered day in day out like some do.

Lets face it the girls do it for one reason alone and I would rather part with a bit of cash and tip a nice girl a couple of hundred for an hour of her time in a quiet beer bar chatting, rather than pay ten times as much to have my head whirring.

I am not Japanese either.

MH

The topic of how much Bar girls earn is as unanswerable as ''Where doe's the word farang come from''. It can be argued until the cows come home. I think the girls MHayward talks about amassing 2 million a year is very exceptional indeed. The truth as far as i have witnessed Is that whils't few girls come back from there like Princesses making good money and securing a future with 1 or numerous farangs, Many others come back from there broken still without a pot to piss in.
There's alot of luck involved.

What he said

The topic of how much Bar girls earn is as unanswerable as ''Where doe's the word farang come from''. It can be argued until the cows come home. I think the girls MHayward talks about amassing 2 million a year is very exceptional indeed. The truth as far as i have witnessed Is that whils't few girls come back from there like Princesses making good money and securing a future with 1 or numerous farangs, Many others come back from there broken still without a pot to piss in.
There's alot of luck involved.

The figures are true, some make even more, the actual Barfine record is 85 in a month, which translates into a lot of money, whichever way you look at it. I know a girl with a regular Japanese Customer who wants her for approximately 2 hours every month or so - she has to dress very demurely and meet him at the airport when he flies in with business colleagues and accompany them to the hotel. She does nothing else and he gives her 50,000 baht for doing so and when it was her birthday he doubled it, and he has never touched her.
I can identify dozens of girls who make 100K + a month, however I can also identify ten times that number who actually have zero at the end of every month to send to the village or save for their old age.

Hence as I said - ''A lot of the Bar Girls are hooked up in a web of vice and coruption generally spun by the Thai boyfriend who is happy to hawk her to pay his own bills. This means despite some of them having very high earnings, the girl has nothing after providing for her family as the boyfriend relieves her of the rest.''

She comes back with nothing, just as you say.
Some girls do very well, others simply exist.

MH

The recent posts bear out the point I was making in my original post - the making of Bar Girls is directly the fault of us Farangs . It started with the American troops coming here on R & R and carried on with the sex tourists . If there was no market , they would all stay home . Personally , I think that would be a pity as in many instances they add colour and spice to what would be , otherwise, a very drab scene . :Chokdee5:

Interesting posts. My life has been very sheltered as I have never visited a bar in Thailand. Only the usual ones in NZ and Australia.

Read this on WIKI..Prostitution in Thailand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Extent of prostitution
Estimates of the number of prostitutes vary widely and are subject to controversy. A 1980 study put the number of prostitutes at 500,000 to 700,000. A 2004 estimate by Dr. Nitet Tinnakul from Chulalongkorn University gives a total of 2.8 million sex workers, including 2 million women, 20,000 adult males and 800,000 minors under the age of 18.[5] One estimate published in 2003 placed the trade at US$ 4.3 billion per year or about three percent of the Thai economy.[6] It has been suggested for example that there may be as many as 10,000 prostitutes on Koh Samui alone, an island resort destination not usually associated with prostitution, and that at least 10% of tourist dollars may be spent on the sex trade.[7] According to a 2001 report by the World Health Organisation: "The most reliable suggestion is that there are between 150,000 and 200,000 sex workers."[8] A recent government survey found that there were 76,000 to 77,000 adult prostitutes in registered entertainment establishments; however, NGOs believed there were between 200Extent of prostitution

Although centers such as Bangkok (Patpong, Nana Plaza, and Soi Cowboy), Pattaya, and Phuket (Patong) are often identified as primary tourist "prostitution" areas, with Hat Yai and other Malaysian border cities catering to Malaysians, prostitution takes place in nearly every major city and province in the country.
Chiang Mai and Koh Samui (Chaweng and Lamai) are also major centers. In Bangkok, the so-called Ratchadaphisek entertainment district, running along Ratchadaphisek Road near the Huai Kwang intersection, features several large entertainment venues which include sexual massage. Even karaoke style bars in small provincial towns have their own versions, with women, in addition to singing traditional Thai music, sometimes engaging in prostitution.,000 and 300,000 prostitutes.[3]

If they say there are 2.8 million sex workers in Thailand and there are about 60 million people in Thailand,that makes about 1 in 20 a prostitute WTF1

You can't blame it all on the Yanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Surin & Dave - Remember - Confucius says "That there is no such thing as Rape - Woman with skirt up runs faster than Man with pants down " - certainly when you get to my age !!!!:Cry3::Cry3::Cry3:
Your blaise attitude towards rape would have you shunned in your home-country. At your age you should have learnt something. Rape is a disgraceful act.
Consentual sex that I hope you are referring to at your age is what we all are aiming for.

The recent posts bear out the point I was making in my original post - the making of Bar Girls is directly the fault of us Farangs . It started with the American troops coming here on R & R and carried on with the sex tourists . If there was no market , they would all stay home . Personally , I think that would be a pity as in many instances they add colour and spice to what would be , otherwise, a very drab scene . :Chokdee5:

I have read many posts over the years about this same subject and remember being told by 'the men who were there' that the Americans didn't used to go to Pattaya much, its was the Australians who went there. I also believe the situation was active long before us farangs arrived. Its ingrained in Thai culture for hundreds of years.

The recent posts bear out the point I was making in my original post - the making of Bar Girls is directly the fault of us Farangs . :Chokdee5:

Bar Girls/prostitutes catering to the farangs represent only a very small percentage of the total. The Thais have their bars, karaokes, massage parlours and brothels. They existed long before the mass invasion of farangs, and would continue if we were all to leave tomorrow. (The numbers might go down substantially though since much of the money the Thai men spend on prostitutes comes indirectly from farangs)

Read this on WIKI..Prostitution in Thailand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Extent of prostitution
A 2004 estimate by Dr. Nitet Tinnakul from Chulalongkorn University gives a total of 2.8 million sex workers, A recent government survey found that there were 76,000 to 77,000 adult prostitutes in registered entertainment establishments;

If there are only 77,000, then my wish to "love them all" is within reach. Care to join me Bill? Everyone else welcome too. xwelcome :ILoveSex1:

Even though I agree there are girls making lots of money ,if you was to take the profession as a whole, most are not.As I have had a bar I always treat the girls with respect as I know what most of them go through.I don't like Go Go Bars and the little money I do spend now when I do go to places like Pattaya is normally spent on the girls that work the quieter beer bars, they are the ones that seem to need the money the most and the ones that I find are normally the nicest to talk too.

I put in a post about barboys a while back largely to highlight the fact that there is a very nasty flip side to the bar trade... for the girls as well as boys. There are indeed lots of nice kids in the trade, both girls and boys, but there are an awful lot who are in thrall to drug-taking boyfriends/pimps (the girls) or take drugs themselves (the boys). The farang trade is largely up front; far worse conditions apply in the cheap bars/brothels catering to Thais, the only way out of which is down. I don't think you can really consider one without the other. And HIV, which everybody has ignored, is as much a plague among the girls as among the boys; in some of the cheaper Thai-type brothels, the infection rate approaches 100%.

I remember a quote from a foreign expatriate living in Thailand in the 1890s, "Every Thai male between 18 and 40 thinks of nothing but sex."

I remember a quote from a foreign expatriate living in Thailand in the 1890s, "Every Thai male between 18 and 40 thinks of nothing but sex."

Wouldn.t that apply to every farang from 20 to 90 ??????:Bump:

Wouldn.t that apply to every farang from 20 to 90 ??????:Bump:
Yes Bill, but most over 70 are just thinking about it, not doing it :Busted:.

Apart from you ....Bill :Bravo1:

Back