The new house progress, even with the rain.

What is the space between the house and the boundary wall? I was fined when my house in Jomtien was built 34 years ago, because it was less than 2 metres. Apparently in the Thai rules, the equivalent of the UK Building regs. Amphur would not issue a house number until it had been "sorted", and without a house number, the elec boys would not install a meter. Corruption all round!
They do not apply that rule in Surin. A house opposite ours has no meters between his two sidewalls and the adjacent houses. The adjacent houses have about 1 meter between their sides walls and that particular house. Our own house has boundary walls, 15, 3, 4, and 1 meter apart. The latter, the house next door to that boundary wall, has a 3-meter gap between the wall and house.

They do not apply that rule in Surin. A house opposite ours has no meters between his two sidewalls and the adjacent houses. The adjacent houses have about 1 meter between their sides walls and that particular house. Our own house has boundary walls, 15, 3, 4, and 1 meter apart. The latter, the house next door to that boundary wall, has a 3-meter gap between the wall and house.

land layout.jpgWhen I built my house I was unaware of any regulations regarding distances between the house and boundary walls.

Our land is a trapezium shape (20m at the road, 12m at the opposite end and 100m long). Whilst I wanted the house as far from the road as possible, I was aware that the further back it was located, then less distance there would be between the house and the perimeter walls. I compromised on 2 metres from the north wall and 5 metres from the south wall, the latter to permit vehicle access to the back field when required.

Could @Moderator1, @Moderator2, @Moderator3, @Moderator4 or @Moderator5 (or whoever is currently responsible for the XenForo manual) explain how to adjust the width of the columns in an inserted table please? For the above table I would prefer the columns to be 25%/75% wide.

Cheers

Last edited:
They had no intention of applyng it in Jomtien...just a handy excuse to extort money.

View attachment 43877When I built my house I was unaware of any regulations regarding distances between the house and boundary walls.

Our land is a trapezium shape (20m at the road, 12m at the opposite end and 100m long). Whilst I wanted the house as far from the road as possible, I was aware that the further back it was located, then less distance there would be between the house and the perimeter walls. I compromised on 2 metres from the north wall and 5 metres from the south wall, the latter to permit vehicle access to the back field when required.

Could @Moderator1, @Moderator2, @Moderator3, @Moderator4 or @Moderator5 (or whoever is currently responsible for the XenForo manual) explain how to adjust the width of the columns in an inserted table please? For the above table I would prefer the columns to be 25%/75% wide.

Cheers

It appears that the names @Moderator1 and @Moderator2 have yet to be allocated, i.e. They are not clickable and neither do they notify the owners in posts where they are addressed.

View attachment 43877When I built my house I was unaware of any regulations regarding distances between the house and boundary walls.

Cheers

For information I believe that the table function is a new feature included in v. 2.2 of XenForo.

Back