The Yellow house book.

Rice

Resident Smart Arse
The story of the pursuit of the Yellow house book has lead me almost to despair every time I get what the woman at Sikhorapum asks there is always more.

First time around was told go get a letter of residency from Surin Immigration
Kor Ror 2 Extract of computer marriage record
Kor Ror 3 Marriage certificate
Passport / Visa
Wife House book
Wife ID
Photocopies of all this as well and bring Poo Yai Barn as witness.

Well did all that. NOT good enough. This is the same women when asked nicely, could she write that list down, smiled and said NO.

Well first of all I was accused of fabricating the letter of residence from Surin Immigration.
She wanted an official translation of my passport.
She wanted marriage photos and photos that show relationship
She wanted me to go to place of marriage to get an official
คยนยนสถานภาพสมรส (Confirmation of marital status)
Which requires a trip to Bangkok. On that document they even want to confirm all your assets and income.

The two marriage certificates and the shear proof we are sitting there in front of her after 15 years of marriage is clearly not enough.

Then she put the cherry on top. After you get all of this come back and I will give you a letter to take back to Surin Immigration. Because this document you got is rubbish.

Then after this we will try again.

If not for the nice Poo yai ban sitting there trying to help and my wife. I would of loved to tell her to shove it up her arse.

Because I give up!

Now the question is has anyone else gone through crap like this and if they have, why did you bother?

Dear lurkers pleased come out of the wood work and tell me if anybody else has done this in Sikhorapum I guess they have because I was showed two completed files a Laos man and a UK man.

All this is far greater then to get a visa.

The story of the pursuit of the Yellow house book has lead me almost to despair every time I get what the woman at Sikhorapum asks there is always more.

Passport / Visa
Wife House book
Wife ID

Well did all that. NOT good enough. This is the same women when asked nicely, could she write that list down, smiled and said NO.

Well first of all I was accused of fabricating the letter of residence from Surin Immigration.
Which requires a trip to Bangkok. On that document they even want to confirm all your assets and income.

The two marriage certificates and the shear proof we are sitting there in front of her after 15 years of marriage is clearly not enough.

Then she put the cherry on top. After you get all of this come back and I will give you a letter to take back to Surin Immigration. Because this document you got is rubbish.

If not for the nice Poo yai ban sitting there trying to help and my wife. I would of loved to tell her to shove it up her arse.

Because I give up!

Now the question is has anyone else gone through crap like this and if they have, why did you bother?

Dear lurkers pleased come out of the wood work and tell me if anybody else has done this in Sikhorapum I guess they have because I was showed two completed files a Laos man and a UK man.

cheesy.gif
And there is jack shit you can do about until she drops dead.:D This happens in other locations.
cheesy.gif

On ThaiVisa there are a couple of threads full of horror stories like yours.
Yellow Book and Pink ID for foreigners seem to be tricky to obtain in a number of provinces/amphurs.

There are also sunshine stories, people who get the stuff with no sweat at all.

Some people write that they finally got theirs after complaining to the Ombudsmann.

Passport / Visa
Wife House book
Wife ID

Because I give up!

I dealt with it daily when I was on the BOI visa/work permit....'but that was yesterday's floor plan!. No, they are not heat exchangers, they are bat-err-ies..they gone back to China all-leady!

Mine was a sunshine story - Yellow House Book for me was a piece of cake - sat with my wife, her Blue House Book, ID Card and Marriage Certificate in front of the big official. We also had a letter of residency (computer print out) from SI that was never produced. One hour later all done and dusted and Yorkie was the next in the queue.

As a thought, there are two fundamental differences between your application and mine. Firstly, our applications were processed in different amphurs and, secondly, we have different visas in our passports. The first point I cannot discuss as I have no knowledge of your amphur. However, the second point would show a fundamental difference. You are on a 12-month multiple entry visa (based on marriage) while I am on a 12-month long-stay extension to my non-B visa based on retirement. Maybe it is the type of visa in the passport that is making the difference and causing all the hassle. Much of what you have been asked for needs to be produced to support an application for a long-stay visa based on marriage. Also, you are flitting in and out of Thailand every 90 days - I have not left the country in the last 15 years. Maybe that explains why they are making your life so difficult.

P.S. GL - I do have a non-B visa in my passport, its not a non-O. Its an anomaly I am always asked about when I go to Immigration.

Mine was a sunshine story - Yellow House Book for me was a piece of cake - sat with my wife, her Blue House Book, ID Card and Marriage Certificate in front of the big official. We also had a letter of residency (computer print out) from SI that was never produced. One hour later all done and dusted and Yorkie was the next in the queue.

And mine was similarly a piece o' pish to obtain (we didn't even have the letter of residency).

There is a British gentleman that lives in another amphur southeast of Soi Kola by some 60 km. I worked with him OFF the form because of all the BS he was getting from this form. Most of his problems were sorted out but not locally. To this day he does not have a YTB because of the same problem Rice has. TIT. As I have said the only time you need a YTB or a CR is for a DL or registering a vehicle. The best use of a YTB is for wiping your ass its paper beats plastic.

That is the essence of ytb is it not
Proof of address

Should be it its is not as there has never been a finalization from the government to unify ALL amphurs on requirement for issuing. This is why some amphurs are a cake walk and others are a balls ache. It was not that long ago that Surin and Prasat DLT would recognize a YTB. You still have other institutions that do not have a clue what they are and you have amphurs that just want to be ass holes..

Last edited:
Strange. I've never been married in Thailand nor do I possess a YELLOW HOUSE BOOK.

I possess two bank account (down from three) , a 5-year Thai Dr Lic (that I never produce on request but will in case of an accident) and purchased and own two vehicles with title and registration in my name.

The YHB is really for what ? :rolleyes:

Back