The yellow tabien ban as viewed by Thais

So as the YTB is good for one year....do you renew the YTB each successive year prior to making your visa based on retirement ?

No, it's good for the period of time that you reside at said address. If you relocate, it needs to be changed as does the Thai blue book and, AFIK know, their ID card should they relocate. However, as most Thais are "registered" in their parent's blue books, they rarely bother.

My ex wife was being a little stubborn during separation and (after telling her) I had her removed from our "house blue book". Two years later she was fined Bht 2,000.00 for not having an entry in any blue book. [Edit: so she told me].

Last edited:
So as the YTB is good for one year....do you renew the YTB each successive year prior to making your visa based on retirement ?

And to jump in before GL does, you do not "make your visa based upon retirement", you extend a visa that you already have been issued based upon retirement (or marriage to Thai), amongst other things.

And to jump in before GL does, you do not "make your visa based upon retirement", you extend a visa that you already have been issued based upon retirement (or marriage to Thai), amongst other things.

To be pedantic, you actually extend your 'permission to stay' nothing to do with visas.

PS Mallons sausages in Tops Buriram 320g Cumberland 229 Baht. 259 Bt for 'traditional sausages'. Didn't see them but did see (not priced as far as I could see) 32 cocktail sausages.

If anyone is interested, I shall report the reaction when they see the real thing!

This evening I took my YTB to the club and showed it to my Thai tennis friends. There was a good bit of congrat clucking but then the sanook started to kick in. "Are you Uighur? This address shows Istanbul! You must be Turkish!"

I was somewhat surprised. I hadn't expected such levity from Thais on what is a landmark issue for them. Clearly I have underestimated the Thai propensity for sanook.

This evening I took my YTB to the club and showed it to my Thai tennis friends. There was a good bit of congrat clucking but then the sanook started to kick in. "Are you Uighur? This address shows Istanbul! You must be Turkish!"

I was somewhat surprised. I hadn't expected such levity from Thais on what is a landmark issue for them. Clearly I have underestimated the Thai propensity for sanook.

If you suddenly appear on the 16.00 Thai News tomorrow afternoon after being whisked away by armed police and a helicopter to a Bangkok Army Camp we will all know who grassed you. LOL.

I have a Yellow Tabien Ban, does my address need to be reported to KC?

This question may have been asked before, but if it was I can't locate it.

Back