Three pin wall sockets

Yorky

Fullritis Member
I've searched a few places in Surin for three pin twin wall sockets with this orientation but to no avail.

3 pin socket.jpg

Has anyone seen one of these around town?. I cannot find one even on Lazada (although I haven't checked all 102 pages).

May 'orientation' vary ?

Those are sockets that I have now. But these are the plugs on the rice cooker and the air fryer. As you will see, they cannot be plugged in at the same time to one twin socket.

appliance plugs s.jpg
You didn't give me time to clarify my post.

I have exactly the same problem, and have searched all the electrical stores to no avail.

I was prepared to live with it before I saw a Youtube video suggesting installing the revised orientation. Of course, there was no mention of where the revision could be obtained. In respect of the halogen oven and microwave plugs, orientation isn't a problem.

Mw hallogen plugs s.jpg

Make you own...https://www.lazada.co.th/products/nano-3-sc-pv602-3-3-i2700756218-s9744633606.html?exlaz=d_1:mm_150050845_51350205_2010350205::12:19039203577!!!!!c!!9744633606!585289868&gclid=CjwKCAiA5Y6eBhAbEiwA_2ZWIRI6TFpMsP1zLgaOYTDW-jLVSF9mB4FcPPh8W1ydikJGEwsI7bQVsRoCEs8QAvD_BwE

I was prepared to live with it before I saw a Youtube video suggesting installing the revised orientation. Of course, there was no mention of where the revision could be obtained. In respect of the halogen oven and microwave plugs, orientation isn't a problem.

MEGA home here sell these straight versions in 16Amp.

I've searched a few places in Surin for three pin twin wall sockets with this orientation but to no avail.

View attachment 58750

Has anyone seen one of these around town?. I cannot find one even on Lazada (although I haven't checked all 102 pages).
What you seek is no longer advertised. I did find this double socket that may do the job.

1673775862213.png

175 baht, Lazada

What you seek is no longer advertised. I did find this double socket that may do the job.

View attachment 58755

175 baht, Lazada

Thanks @nomad97 but installing that size unit would involve major construction work to the tiles and brickwork (it is larger than the ones that I have). Should I have had access to fittings such as those when I was building, I would definitely have installed them (I have 22 twin sockets in/around the house).

I do notice though that the switches appear to be "down" for on unlike the majority of Thai switches which are the opposite.

The concern is for the girls?

Or the lecturers?

Or maybe lecherers?

Girls. These Thai's have no idea what type of places are in that area. If I were a parent, I wouldn't be happy to hear the Uni have allowed them to stay in a 'red light' area (even if it might be thier next job location.)

You really need to get that phone of yours fixed @Ivor the Engine. That reply probably took up 500 column inches!

Speaking of whorehouses I don't know how many of you remember Gary Teacher (American from New York). He was teaching English at Ratchapat (I think) and after the exams his statement to the class was something like "30% of you have pass marks, 20% have marks that are just adequate - the rest of you may as well book your bus tickets to Patpong now".

For some reason parents complained and he was sacked. Got a job in Taiwan I think. Never saw him again.

You really need to get that phone of yours fixed @Ivor the Engine. That reply probably took up 500 column inches!

Speaking of whorehouses I don't know how many of you remember Gary Teacher (American from New York). He was teaching English at Ratchapat (I think) and after the exams his statement to the class was something like "30% of you have pass marks, 20% have marks that are just adequate - the rest of you may as well book your bus tickets to Patpong now".

For some reason parents complained and he was sacked. Got a job in Taiwan I think. Never saw him again.
That is why I am the longest serving western lecturer that has ever worked in SSKRU. I keep my distance!!!!

Those are sockets that I have now. But these are the plugs on the rice cooker and the air fryer. As you will see, they cannot be plugged in at the same time to one twin socket.

You didn't give me time to clarify my post.

Yes, quite right. That is why the wee 'find a solution' in me got dangerous.

20230116_070239.jpg

(Of course I moved the toaster from the other side of the countertop to illustrate that solution.)

Back