Tourist visa holders denied entry to Thailand and left stranded

mrloy

The crack down on out and in visa hopes at land crossing and by air have opened up a big can of worms. Immigration is after the abusers of these visa and are making big head way but there are cases of a an extension for an extra 30 days for a 60 day tourist visa being denied and people with a double entry being denied the second entry. Personally until this get sorted I would not recommend a tourist visa to my worst enemy. I 'm not saying you can not try as the Thai embassy will issue these but its up to you to roll the dice when you arrive. My recommendation is to get an O-Visa single entry for 90 days based on marriage you can extend at immigration for 7 days, 1900 baht, or if needed you can get an extension for visiting your wife for 60 days, this will give you the extra time with out and overstay and the overstay is now a very big no no up to being banned. Also they are only allowing you one turn around ( out-n-in) and stamping your pp with a red O/I stamp. My understanding the Cardiff is still issuing O-Multi visas based on marriage good for 12 months with no proof of funds required. There are SF members that have these.

Thanks for the valuable input,Getlost..You have got the gist of my fears.I have previously had a multi non o and I think there is no problem getting one,but I think it still takes a border run after the 90 days to activate the next entry...a necessary evil I suppose.....As to your other suggestion a 7 day extension at immigration....Immigration is located where? I've got a vague recollection of me having got an extension this way before somewhere in the foggy dew,I think it was on Samui about 20 years ago.But is there a site which gives the locations of all immigration offices,or does each province have one....The missus lives in Surin province...Ampur Chomponburi

Last edited by a moderator:
The immigration office that covers Surin province is in Kap Chung which is just before the Chon Chom Cambodian border post.
Most of the recent changes apply to those on Tourist Visa" s only.

Thanks for the valuable input,Getlost..You have got the gist of my fears.I have previously had a multi non o and I think there is no problem getting one,but I think it still takes a border run after the 90 days to activate the next entry...a necessary evil I suppose.....As to your other suggestion a 7 day extension at immigration....Immigration is located where? I've got a vague recollection of me having got an extension this way before somewhere in the foggy due,I think it was on Samui about 20 years ago.But is there a site which gives the locations of all immigration offices,or does each province have one....The missus lives in Surin province...Ampur Chomponburi

Border hops to activate another part of an O-milti is no problem. As for immigration :smile: its located in Kap Choeng 60 km south of Surin on the 214 highway just 12 km before the Chong Chom Border Crossing your closes border crossing. Kap Chong Immigration is the immigration office for Surin and Buriram. BTW I happen to live in Kap Choeng and we have M&D Coffee. Lot of our customers and friends happen to be immigration officials so information is first hand. You can also get per "visa" one time a 60 day extension for visiting the wife. You need her, marriage cert, house book, her ID and 1900 baht, you, your pp and pp photo. Also done at KCI.

Back