Twenty-four hour residence notification

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau. The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30.
The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in a number of ways to make the notification as convenient as possible:

In person at the respective office, or
Through an authorised person at the respective office, or
By registered mail, or
Via internet.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/671545-twenty-four-hour-residence-notification/#entry6876966

Next time I come home I will make sure my wife informs immigration. Though I put the address on my immigration form, so have I not already informed them of where I will be staying!?Lost1

Next time I come home I will make sure my wife informs immigration. Though I put the address on my immigration form, so have I not already informed them of where I will be staying!?Lost1

Not you but the owner of the property your staying must due this. In your case your wife. Forum TM-30.

Not you but the owner of the property your staying must due this. In your case your wife. Forum TM-30.

Damn so we have been breaking the law for the last 12 years!!

Next time home straight to immigration I promise!!

I doubt Kap Choeng or most immigration offices would know what to make of anyone presenting this information. Even less likely the local Police Station.

I have enough trouble renewing my alien registration every 5 years at Prakhonchai police station. I tell them what to do and where to sign and they kindly oblige!

I doubt Kap Choeng or most immigration offices would know what to make of anyone presenting this information. Even less likely the local Police Station.

I have enough trouble renewing my alien registration every 5 years at Prakhonchai police station. I tell them what to do and where to sign and they kindly oblige!

That will teach ya...LMAO1

There is, or at least was, a policeman in Buriram police station that knew what to do. He does them when people apply for a letter to go to the driving licence office. Seeing as Buriram transport office seems to be the only one that accepts letters from the police, as opposed to Immigration, maybe other places would be oblivious, as Nick suggests.

Back