"Typical" House Building Costs

Out in the sticks mostly you would not need planning, but you might have to register your house to get an address (and they may want to see the plan). If you decide to build your house in a built up area, village or town, and the house is over 140 sqm you will need to submit the plans to the local Ampur office or obartor they can sometimes ask that the plans are signed by both the architect and a engineer.

They sometimes also ask for a engineers book, this is a book made by the engineer with all the technical details on stress steel beams, Columns concrete factors and so on . Hope this helps thanks .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you can get it done for around 13,000thb per square meter - but make sure you engage a good builder. My mate built a very nice house thai style for 3.5 million, including the land 1 Rai - the local builder quoted 2.7Million for the build and has done a first class job -my mate supplied the material mainly old teak that he managed (or his wife) to get from somewhere up[ North - its the next village past Prasat heading towards Ryan's Resort. another buddy built one 3 bed 2 bathrooms, 260 Square Meters for less than 700,000 including the land in a village called Ban Tabao on a plot about 180 square wah - just outside Prasat - but the quality is not too good - he had it built by rice farmers/builders. Depends on what you require. Another option is a ready made Teak House for around 3M - purchase in Chaing Mai, they deliver and errect on-site. for 3 million you will get a 3 bed, 2 bathroom, large lounge, and outside verandah typical old thai style - house on stilts. and for 2M you will get a 2 bed, 1 bath.

The best advise is engage a good builder !!!!!!!!!!! who builds what you want, and not what he thinks you want. Down here in good old Pattaya a square meter will cost you in excess of 50,000 thb...........................and have seen some builds at 75,000thb per sqm.

Yes you can get it done for around 13,000thb per square meter - but make sure you engage a good builder. My mate built a very nice house thai style for 3.5 million, including the land 1 Rai - the local builder quoted 2.7Million for the build and has done a first class job -my mate supplied the material mainly old teak that he managed (or his wife) to get from somewhere up[ North - its the next village past Prasat heading towards Ryan's Resort. another buddy built one 3 bed 2 bathrooms, 260 Square Meters for less than 700,000 including the land in a village called Ban Tabao on a plot about 180 square wah - just outside Prasat - but the quality is not too good - he had it built by rice farmers/builders. Depends on what you require. Another option is a ready made Teak House for around 3M - purchase in Chaing Mai, they deliver and errect on-site. for 3 million you will get a 3 bed, 2 bathroom, large lounge, and outside verandah typical old thai style - house on stilts. and for 2M you will get a 2 bed, 1 bath.

We built two houses in Pattaya 1 cost around 12500 a sqm the other cost around 14500 a sqm .

Anyone give me a decent ballpark figure for exterior painting. I have approx 250 sq m of outside house and boundary walls to cover. I already have the paint, just need a price for preparation/application of one primer and two topcoats.

Exterior Tiling price per sq m also required, once again we already have the tiles, just the laying price onto newly laid, level concrete surface all round the house. Includes 3 sets of steps, 3 risers each.

Posted in other part of forum, but as yet no replies???

Cheers, MH

Anyone give me a decent ballpark figure for exterior painting. I have approx 250 sq m of outside house and boundary walls to cover. I already have the paint, just need a price for preparation/application of one primer and two topcoats.

Exterior Tiling price per sq m also required, once again we already have the tiles, just the laying price onto newly laid, level concrete surface all round the house. Includes 3 sets of steps, 3 risers each.

Posted in other part of forum, but as yet no replies???

Cheers, MH
Can you not use a paint brush or roller mate ... lol ...

Local Students or Lao-Kao boys, will do it for a nominal price, u supply the brush and rollers.....and the chork-goh-lairt or lao-kow.....

You would get as much paint on the surrounding ground, as on your wall that need painting

Back