UK - HM Revenue and Customs

I had to pay for 30 years!
The 30 year rule only lasted a couple of years before they brought in 35 years.

I was however a little fortunate, in that if in receipt of state pension and you had a wife who was not at the time in receipt of her state pension (womens pensions at the time were paid at age 60) then you could claim an extra £50 or so dependents allowance per week, before the cut off date of 5th April 2010 and paid either until 5th April 2020, or stopped earlier if she claimed state pension before. I received over £30,000 in total over 11 years. :)

The 30 year rule only lasted a couple of years before they brought in 35 years.

I was however a little fortunate, in that if in receipt of state pension and you had a wife who was not at the time in receipt of her state pension (womens pensions at the time were paid at age 60) then you could claim an extra £50 or so dependents allowance per week, before the cut off date of 5th April 2010 and paid either until 5th April 2020, or stopped earlier if she claimed state pension before. I received over £30,000 in total over 11 years. :)
I was lucky too because my private pension can only be taken out a maximum of 10 years prior to the retirement age, hence me being able to come out here at just before 50 years of age (lucky for some)!!!!

I was lucky too because my private pension can only be taken out a maximum of 10 years prior to the retirement age, hence me being able to come out here at just before 50 years of age (lucky for some)!!!!

I took mine at age 52; I didn't want to but the decision was made to head to Thailand and needs must.

Back