UK Pensions

Problem is that those on frozen pensions are not in the UK. If something affects UK residents they can demonstrate/march etc. Nobody cares about those who have left the UK
Not sure about this, but I believe the Canadian & Australian governments care, as they are having to ‘top-up’ UK expat pensioners incomes because of the travesty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My RAF pension is set to double next year when I’m 55. Big party! Doubt I’ll see my UK pension as I have to stay alive until age 67. Never going to happen

My RAF pension is set to double next year when I’m 55. Big party! Doubt I’ll see my UK pension as I have to stay alive until age 67. Never going to happen

Why be pessimistic. When I first arrived here in Thailand, I was befriended by a German who was slightly older than me. He said that he wanted to live to at least 75. Anything more would be a bonus. He died just short of his 81st birthday.

My Mother made 98, and my wife assures me I will make 100. I say if true, I apologise. :)

Not sure about this, but I believe the Canadian & Australian governments care, as they are having to ‘top-up’ UK expat pensioners incomes because of the travesty.

I thought it was a straight top up. That gave the recipient of two pensions a net gain of nought but my sisters tell me my old mum is topped up and then still receives a further percentage of her UK pension. When my dad died she also got a top up of his UK pension. Which was really funny as he remarried when I was 10 years old. But when he died The UK government did not know that and handed it to my mum and not the other women. :D

Why be pessimistic. When I first arrived here in Thailand, I was befriended by a German who was slightly older than me. He said that he wanted to live to at least 75. Anything more would be a bonus. He died just short of his 81st birthday.

My Mother made 98, and my wife assures me I will make 100. I say if true, I apologise. :)

She actually said you could live to 100 IF you behave..

I've promised my lovely wife that we will be married for 100 years, and we still have 88 to go. Trust me Co-Co, I plan on behaving as I have seen her in action with her machete and coconuts...lol

Trouble is they tend to carry out the sentence before a trial. I have a badly damaged table to prove that point, but lived to tell the tale:)

When I had the option to take a standard company pension or a lump sum and a reduced pension I chose the latter. The break even point was 85 years of age* which I realised I would never make.

* excluding cost of living increases, if any.

(My father made 44, my mother 64, but my maternal grandmother made 98)

I've got to live to 90+ just to see my kids get to high school age!

That has been my response in recent years in answer to the suggestion that we should have another child. I think it has sunk in now. Plus of course no more bereavement benefits....makes a huge differnece.

That has been my response in recent years in answer to the suggestion that we should have another child. I think it has sunk in now. Plus of course no more bereavement benefits....makes a huge differnece.
That's a shame. Nothing to do with changing nappies in your seveties then?

When I had the option to take a standard company pension or a lump sum and a reduced pension I chose the latter. The break even point was 85 years of age* which I realised I would never make.

* excluding cost of living increases, if any.

(My father made 44, my mother 64, but my maternal grandmother made 98)
My grandfather also made it to 98. He got married (3rd time) at 92, to a young bird of 78. The wedding was shown on Nationwide TV show.

Back