Under consideration for retirement extension.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
As of today (and yes I have seen the stamp and passport) KCI is now issuing a UNDER CONSIDERATION STAMP until immigration comes to your residence to for verification. KCI even verified the individuals address by using Google Earth with GPS coordinates for the investigating i/o to use for no extra charge. This will require two trips to KCI for your retirement extension. Stay tuned for further updates.

Did this apply to a "first time" extension applicant? I cannot believe that Immigration will need to check my address after 15 years! I now even have a yellow tambian baan!

Did this apply to a "first time" extension applicant? I cannot believe that Immigration will need to check my address after 15 years! I now even have a yellow tambian baan!

Yes they say applicable to all no acceptation. I know people (not U) that have a YTB and their address is 80 km away from where the actually live.

Yes, heard yesterday about this, a long time retiree had this happening to him. I thought it was a joke, but this confirms it.

Luckily I obtained my most recent extension earlier this month so I have another 12 months to await any further news, whether good or bad.

If it is still the rule in 12 months time, I cannot see any reason not to change to an extension based upon marriage; less money in the bank needed and, if I wished and if anyone would employ me, I could work (with the required permits).

I asked Immi 1 in BKK about this rule of checking your residence. They told me in Bangkok this is just not done. The man power for this task would just be ridiculous, so it begs to ask the question why do KCI do it?

Please don't answer me back. JUST BECAUSE !

I asked Immi 1 in BKK about this rule of checking your residence. They told me in Bangkok this is just not done. The man power for this task would just be ridiculous, so it begs to ask the question why do KCI do it?

Please don't answer me back. JUST BECAUSE !

Go ask them.

Not so strange - this only verifies that the address exists.

I can not believe they'll have troopers out and about seeking verification of the 'residence address' you have provided that's why they'll be utilizing google.

If your address is NOT correct , then they'll have fun with your stoo-pid arse (IMHO).

Not so strange - this only verifies that the address exists.

I can not believe they'll have troopers out and about seeking verification of the 'residence address' you have provided that's why they'll be utilizing google.

If your address is NOT correct , then they'll have fun with your stoo-pid arse (IMHO).

I didn't go public before because I did not have the full details and I did not want to start a rumour mill. However, one month ago, the last time I renewed my 90 day report, my wife was told by a senior immigration officer that they fully intended to start surprise spot checks on all Farang home addresses. The statement was not limited to either 'retirement' or 'marriage' extensions but 'all' Farangs in Surin Province. What the purpose of such checks is about is not clear to me - maybe to see if you are living where you say you live.

What GL reported today seems to tie in with what was reported to me a month ago. It rather seems that the checking of Farang home addresses has started.

What GL reported today seems to tie in with what was reported to me a month ago. It rather seems that the checking of Farang home addresses has started.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest if Immigration wants to check my address. What pisses me off is the fact that I have to return to the office a month after application to collect my visa extension. Just when we thought we were saving 3 or 4 trips/year..........

Luckily I obtained my most recent extension earlier this month so I have another 12 months to await any further news, whether good or bad.

If it is still the rule in 12 months time, I cannot see any reason not to change to an extension based upon marriage; less money in the bank needed and, if I wished and if anyone would employ me, I could work (with the required permits).

Totally Agree...

It doesn't bother me in the slightest if Immigration wants to check my address. What pisses me off is the fact that I have to return to the office a month after application to collect my visa extension. Just when we thought we were saving 3 or 4 trips/year..........

Cry3.

I didn't go public before because I did not have the full details and I did not want to start a rumour mill. However, one month ago, the last time I renewed my 90 day report, my wife was told by a senior immigration officer that they fully intended to start surprise spot checks on all Farang home addresses. The statement was not limited to either 'retirement' or 'marriage' extensions but 'all' Farangs in Surin Province. What the purpose of such checks is about is not clear to me - maybe to see if you are living where you say you live.

With out rumors what good is a forum or bar for that matter?shrug1

It all sounds very sensible to me. We've been providing Immigration with our addresses for years.... and doubtless many people have continued to use an obsolete address. If the system is intended to keep a record of where farangs live, then checks should be made from time to time.

Now that the 90-day report can be made online, you could even do it from Qatar or Montenegro, and still use your Thai address!

no, you can't isanbirder. When you leave the kingdom your white TM7 is taken out of your passport and you are "logged out" ...

no, you can't isanbirder. When you leave the kingdom your white TM7 is taken out of your passport and you are "logged out" ...

Do you think he who lives in Qatar or Montenegro really bothers with TM-7? Oh, I forgot, he doesn't even have a passport now (and anyway he's not a farang).

Anybody else not get the point?

Back