Visa arrival

GL is spot on.

However, the chances your family getting harassed at either point of entry is negligible. On the return from Siem Reap you are a family group and will be left alone.

This long standing rule is designed to combat individuals who are using visa exempt entries inappropriately, and possibly are working illegally in Thailand.

Never say never though...
Thanks Ray I remember now last year my sister from uk got 30 days stamp my sister from Aus got only 14 days.
I suppose the Aussies are looked down upon [emoji41][emoji2][emoji38]

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

my son will get visa on arrival only 20 days visit

I would suggest that you advise Danny not to get involved with "Visa on Arrival" - he's likely to end up here for an hour or so filling out forms and in the end being refused. Just go straight to passport control and he should get a 30 day visa exemption if he's in possession of a current British passport.

14%283%29.jpg

I can go in and out all day long mate because I hav have a 1 year visa .
It's Danny I'm thinking of mate

Never said you couldn't I can do the same as you and I have there same.

This is what happens when people DO NOT USE CORRECT TERMINOLOGY.:eek::rolleyes: There is NO VOA for any westerner. And when others hijack a thread.:rolleyes::D

Last edited:
Thanks Ray I remember now last year my sister from uk got 30 days stamp my sister from Aus got only 14 days.
I suppose the Aussies are looked down upon [emoji41][emoji2][emoji38]

The Roos get a 30 day visa exempt now same as the rest of us white boys. They were added to the human race about 2 years back.:D:D

Last edited:
It is my understanding that a visa on arrival is valid for a stay of up to 15 days in Thailand and only certain nationalities are eligible (Brits not being one of them).

VOA, in the context of this thread, is a red herring..

upload_2017-9-30_18-8-7.jpeg

Yes Pal, but you can fit in any missing word ... including 'exempt' in the middle.

You could fit any number of words into the title of the thread, pal. But you cannot misunderstand "my son will get visa on arrival" or would you like to fit any missing words into that sentence?

The Roos get a 30 day visa exempt now same as the rest of us white boys. They were added to the human race about 2 years back.:D:D
Douche bag..we've been getting 30 days for as long as any other. Well before you became the the in-house expert.

You could fit any number of words into the title of the thread, pal. But you cannot misunderstand "my son will get visa on arrival" or would you like to fit any missing words into that sentence?

Now you are going down the apples and pears route...... you mentioned only the thread title...

Now you are going down the apples and pears route...... you mentioned only the thread title...

Given that the OP who penned the thread title was also the writer of the quoted post, I'd give you 10:1 that the missing word in the title (if any) is "on".

Back