VISAS ISSUED IN THE UK

are you now saying that the 30 day on entry visa is now good for 60 days?

Now I can see that GL now has a red forehead from where he slapped it. "One of GL's pet hates". Bugger transferred it to me after a severe ass kicking by him.
There is no 30 day visa on entry. You are considered visa exempt. You don't have a visa.

He is talking about the METV (Multi entry tourist visa) Which is good for 60 days each entry with a 30 day extension.
Edit

I notice you need to provide $8000 proof of income from Australia for METV.

Last edited:
Now I can see that GL now has a red forehead from where he slapped it. "One of GL's pet hates". Bugger transferred it to me after a severe ass kicking by him.
There is no 30 day visa on entry. You are considered visa exempt. You don't have a visa.

He is talking about the METV (Multi entry tourist visa) Which is good for 60 days each entry with a 30 day extension.
Edit

I notice you need to provide $8000 proof of income from Australia for METV.
Ah, I think I see, the reason for the question was that whilst I was in Heathrow I got chatting to a young Spanish girl who was intending to spend 2 months in Thailand, I asked her about her visa and she informed me that she had been told that she was allowed to stay for 90 days without a visa. I told her that this was not correct and got her to ask at immigration at the airport as her return flight stated exit after 2 months, the guy at immigration didn't know the answer but wrote down the address of an immigration office in Bangkok.

There is no 30 day visa on entry.

Except for:
  1. Bhutan
  2. China
  3. Cyprus
  4. Czech Republic
  5. Estonia
  6. Hungary
  7. India
  8. Kazakhstan
  9. Latvia
  10. Liechtenstein
  11. Lithuania
  12. Maldives
  13. Mauritius
  14. Poland
  15. Saudi Arabia
  16. Slovakia
  17. Slovenia
  18. Taiwan
  19. Ukraine
Which could be 15 or 30 days.

Except for:
  1. Bhutan
  2. China
  3. Cyprus
  4. Czech Republic
  5. Estonia
  6. Hungary
  7. India
  8. Kazakhstan
  9. Latvia
  10. Liechtenstein
  11. Lithuania
  12. Maldives
  13. Mauritius
  14. Poland
  15. Saudi Arabia
  16. Slovakia
  17. Slovenia
  18. Taiwan
  19. Ukraine
Which could be 15 or 30 days.

Now to quote GL "That is NOT a visa on entry but a "Visa on arrival".
Have I learnt good GL after my kicking?

are you now saying that the 30 day on entry visa is now good for 60 days?

There is no 30 day entry visa. There is a visa exempt that is good for a 30 day entry. You could if you can show reason why get another 30 day extension for 1900 baht at any immigration office.

Now to quote GL "That is NOT a visa on entry but a "Visa on arrival".
Have I learnt good GL after my kicking?

You may need the note but I don't:p:D This is where proper nomenclature makes a world of difference.:D Learn the correct terminology and not the bar stool talk.:rolleyes::D:D:D:D

So we should therefore clarify it for Robert1200.

It is not called a "30 day on entry visa", it's called a "visa on arrival" which is available (if they satisfy certain other requirements) for passport holders from 19 countries (as listed above). The visa may be for 15 days or 30 days dependent upon which country.

So we should therefore clarify it for Robert1200.

It is not called a "30 day on entry visa", it's called a "visa on arrival" which is available (if they satisfy certain other requirements) for passport holders from 19 countries (as listed above). The visa may be for 15 days or 30 days dependent upon which country.

If Robert is from a country the you listed then he is eligible for a VOA all other no, they will get a 30 day visa exempt.

There are passport holders from many countries that are not eligible for either visa on arrival nor visa exemption. Always better to check first although the airline is unlikely to let you fly as one of these passport holders unless you have a visa.

Back