Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

Would it have been one of these Long Necks that your friend or whatever was squatting over and sucking?
271-800x533.jpg

Tijuana :D

Donkey-bar.jpg

I've written an operating procedure for her. I'd better start working on the H&S manual and checklist now.

View attachment 29968
Yorky's very detailed operating manual put my lack of a manual to shame. I asked my wife if she knew the difference between an open tap and a closed tap. She responded in the affirmative and then demonstrated the same. Well done. That just leaves me to produce the one page manual as follows:

upload_2019-8-28_11-47-34.png

Last edited:
And when both Taps 1 and 2 are inadvertantly left open....................................................Is there a back pressure valve to prevent the well water feeding into the towns main..?

And when both Taps 1 and 2 are inadvertantly left open....................................................Is there a back pressure valve to prevent the well water feeding into the towns main..?

That's what has always concerned me. That is why I included the government tap at the meter in the procedure.

A note @nomad97: Do you have a bypass to permit water to flow direct from the mains in the event of a power cut (avoiding the pump(s))?

Not as such. However, I think it would be most unlikely for the well water to feed into the town's mains. I say that bcause it would need to flow up stream to the 2,100 litre tank, through the pump the reverse way around, on and into the tank at the point that water is drawn to feed the water pump, and fill the tank until the ballcock automatically closes to prevent any flow back to the town's mains at road level. In the unlikely event that this did happen, and the water successfully transited through the pump to the tank, the worse that would happen is for the tank to overflow. The same would happen the reverse way around, i.e. mains water feeding back to the well. See diagram below:

upload_2019-8-28_14-46-41.png

The pumps are automatic pressure pumps. I have considered fitting non-return valves between the taps and the pumps, either side, but really the in-line taps seal the pipes to prevent any back flow. Furthermore, unlike Yorky's flow diagram, this one is pretty straight forward. The two taps are situated within a metre of each other, clearly visible, and my wife understands it's one tap on/the other tap off configuration. There is a third tap, not shown on the diagram, that is the master stop cock for the feed into the house. This could also be duplicated by turning taps 1 and 2 to the off position.

Last edited:
That's what has always concerned me. That is why I included the government tap at the meter in the procedure.

A note @nomad97: Do you have a bypass to permit water to flow direct from the mains in the event of a power cut (avoiding the pump(s))?

No, I have never found the need for this. We have 2 bathrooms with 2 WC's. In the event of a power cut we have 2 emergency flushes. Fortunately, power cuts are not that frequent, 1 or 2 a year, and seldom last more than an hour. We can usually survive an hour without water flowing. Besides, it's questionable whether there would be sufficient pressure in the mains supply to fill the WC's. And I am pretty sure the pressure would be insufficient to operate the hot water heater and rain shower assembly. What bothers me more when there is a power cut is the lack of air conditioning.

I installed our by-pass after a power outage of 8/9 - 5 one time (previously advised). It cost me nothing as we had the pipe, fittings and even a couple of valves. Anyway, any outlet which is lower than the head in the storage tank receives water through the non operating pump. The exceptions are the showers.

However, you are correct, very few power outages in Surin these days are longer than an hour or two.

I installed our by-pass after a power outage of 8/9 - 5 one time (previously advised). It cost me nothing as we had the pipe, fittings and even a couple of valves. Anyway, any outlet which is lower than the head in the storage tank receives water through the non operating pump. The exceptions are the showers.

However, you are correct, very few power outages in Surin these days are longer than an hour or two.
If the mains water tank is full I have nearly 1.8 metres head of water. Enough to flow through the taps and WC's I expect.

Size they say is 40mx40mx10m.

แม้ฝนจะมาแล้ว มีน้ำเยอะแล้ว ทีมขุดธนาคารน้ำก็ยังทำหน้าที่ต่อ คาดว่าพรุ่งนี้ก็แล้วเสร็จ ได้สระน้ำขนาด40*40*10.เมตร สามลูก ตามแผน ปีนี้น้ำอาจจะพอมีใช้ต่อเนื่อง แต่ถ้าปีหน้า น้ำไม่พอ สระธนาคารน้ำ ทั้งสามลูกคงพอบรรเทา ชุมชนเมืองได้

ขอบคุณทีมช่าง อบจ.สรินทร์ , ทหารช่าง นพค 54 , ผอ.กองช่างอยู่เป็นกำลังใจทีมงานตลอดงาน. นายอำเภอเมืองสุรินทร์ , นายกกิติเมศว์ รุ่งธนิเกียรติ. โรงแข็งวรรณเทพ และขาดไม่ได้คือพี่น้องชาวารินทร์ ที่แวะเวียนมาเป็นกำลังใจ มีของฝากติดไม้ติดมือมาให้ทีมงานขุด แอดมินได้มากินมาทานด้วยหลายมื้อ.

ขอบคุณครับ

See Translation

+2

ข่าว วันนี้ที่สุรินทร์is atอ่างเก็บนำ้ห้วยแก้ว บ้านผือน้อย อ.รัตนบุรี จ.สุรินทร์.
19 hrs·Rattanaburi·
สถานการณ์อ่างเก็บน้ำห้วยแก้ว ต.รัตนบุรี อ.รัตนบุรี หลังฝนตกหนักติดต่อกันหลายวัน ในขณะนี้น้ำขึ้นสูงเร็วมาก
เวลา 16.00 น. น้ำล้นสปิลเวย์แล้ว อบต.รัตนบุรี เฝ้าระวังตลอด 24 ชม.

Huai Kaew Water Basin situation. The cuddle th, ratchaburi. Cuddle Chonburi after heavy rain in the past days now. The water is going up very fast.
At 16.00 pm I have plenty of water. I have a lot of money. The cuddle th, ratchaburi. Watch out for 24 hours.
·
Rate this translation

+7

Huai Kaew Water Basin situation. The cuddle th, ratchaburi. Cuddle Chonburi after heavy rain in the past days now. The water is going up very fast.
At 16.00 pm I have plenty of water. I have a lot of money. The cuddle th, ratchaburi. Watch out for 24 hours.

I'm convinced that only @gotlost understands that!

Back