What type ofvisa should I get?

Not sure what part you are saying is BS, but when I did this at Prasat a few months ago they told me I had to have Non-immigrant status to get license, couldn't do on the tourist visa I arrived here with. I was trying to renew my expired 5- year license (expired for 1 1/2 years!), so once I got extension of stay based on marriage, and took form from SI to prove this, I was able to take test and renew for another 5-year license.

There are offices that will renew and issue on a tourist visa or a visa exempt. Therefore the BS stands. Just saying.

There are offices that will renew and issue on a tourist visa or a visa exempt. Therefore the BS stands. Just saying.
Misleading GL. Mario has practical experience of a local driving center and a tourist visa is a non-starter.

Misleading GL. Mario has practical experience of a local driving center and a tourist visa is a non-starter.

Marios problem was his DL 1.5 years past its expiration date. That half a year past put him back to square 1 as a first timer. If he had of been with in that 1 year over range they would renewed it but only as two year temp. There are DLT's that do this. The law you are referring to has been in the books as long as I have been associated with Thailand. My first DL was done on a TOURIST VISA. MY STATEMENT STANDS.:p:D:D:D:D:D

I think that if they had "put him back to square 1 as a first timer", then they would have only given me a one-year temp. Instead I went right back to 5-year like I previously had. Doesn't matter though, Mario doesn't have a problem...he has a drivers license.
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

The DLT in Thailand have tightened up. Marrio did get a new 5 year DL. mahdam on the other hand his dl expired in June he can renew as you're giving a 1 year default past the expiration dated. I'm sure he doesn't want to take the time. In our area alone there is a DLT in Prakhon Chai, Buriram, Surin, Prasat, Sangkha. YOU are not limited to using any DLT you can use them all. As I said some still issue or renew on a tourist or visa exempt and there are some that will take a BROWN ENVELOPE. :rolleyes::D

Prasat’s a Noddy driving course. Teerak failed four times in Surin and passed first time in Prasat

Back