windows

wildoates

Surin Legend
Well,finally got my new windows today It has been a nightmare in its self, but really happy with the products. Brought them through Best Home, they are a Thai-Aust company, and they are much better than the regular somchai made windows here, and the cost are about the same. I thought about hiring someone to install them, but hell they are easy. I started about noon, and put in 4 today. will do about 6 tomorrow, and then the 3 little ones. will wait until I get some real help for the 1 big mama. very nice product.

Expanding foam hold them in better than 'frame fixers'

The art is to get a good mastic joint/seal around the window once it is fitted.The end of an old mastic tube I found was always good for the job.:Beer1:

When we are ready to fit the windows my man turns up with all the Aluminium struts and framing in his truck uncut ,and cuts all it all on site.
The advantage of doing it this way is minimum silicon \ on the plan the window might be 2 meters wide 1 meter deep, but if the hole is not 100% perfect as nothing is in this world, maybe the hole measures 2 meters and 2.5mm by 1 meter and 2mm if the windows are made in the factory that means heaps of silicon, or as the norm in the UK tons of expanding foam and plastic spacers S.H.I.T. I always prefer a tight fit (yes with the windows too):GrinNod1:

When we are ready to fit the windows my man turns up with all the Aluminium struts and framing in his truck uncut ,and cuts all it all on site.
The advantage of doing it this way is minimum silicon \ on the plan the window might be 2 meters wide 1 meter deep, but if the hole is not 100% perfect as nothing is in this world, maybe the hole measures 2 meters and 2.5mm by 1 meter and 2mm if the windows are made in the factory that means heaps of silicon, or as the norm in the UK tons of expanding foam and plastic spacers S.H.I.T. I always prefer a tight fit (yes with the windows too):GrinNod1:
To each their own, the windows that are made on site or local are for shit. IMO

here are some pics

Attachments

• DSC00575.JPG
    DSC00575.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00576.JPG
    DSC00576.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00577.JPG
    DSC00577.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00578.JPG
    DSC00578.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00579.JPG
    DSC00579.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 35
some more pics

Attachments

• DSC00580.JPG
    DSC00580.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00581.JPG
    DSC00581.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00582.JPG
    DSC00582.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00583.JPG
    DSC00583.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 31
Picture No 4 of 9 shows a ghostly image of a workman in trainers and long shorts. I am glad I am not the only one with a figure like that!

Good Quality Surin Window Supplier

Looking for Supply and Fit of good quality windows, white Alu or uPVc in or near Surin.
House is being built near Sangkha - 12 (big) windows and a set of Patio Doors, all double glazed approx 32 M2 glass total.

MH

Looking for Supply and Fit of good quality windows, white Alu or uPVc in or near Surin.
House is being built near Sangkha - 12 (big) windows and a set of Patio Doors, all double glazed approx 32 M2 glass total.

MH
The windows I have are alu white, and am very happy with them. you can order them at Best home in Surin, but they are not double glazed, the only ones I know like that are the PVC windows.

Cheers for the Info. I looked in Best Home already and was offered same, but Double it has to be or the rest of my double construction will have been a waste of time.
Currently sitting on a quote from the excellent ARC Company in Pattaya, very good quality and a price to match. However I might just have to go with it to get what I want.

MH

If you see any local houses with windows you like stop and ask where they got them. Some small towns have a guy down a back street somewhere. We have a local guy and he does all the local houses.Most windows makers have about 3 grades,low cost, medium and top grade.I would recommend you get mosquito screens also,they are a must .
Here's my guys number 0899173656,get the wife to talk to him,he told me he was working in Sangkha today.He did my windows and Trevor's,there's not may many people I would recommend but he is one I would ...:) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Alan.... Double Glazing ??? Last guy we had round to measure did not have a clue, how about this one? We are about 20 km from SK lol.

MH

Thanks Alan.... Double Glazing ??? Last guy we had round to measure did not have a clue, how about this one? We are about 20 km from SK lol.

MH

As I have said "there's not may many people I would recommend but he is one I would "
Call him and he will give you a free quote,he's a top guy but I think you will find most are single gazed as wildoates said.
I have the brown mirrored glass, the house stays quite cool .

All you can do is ask him if he can do Double Glazing,is a phone call...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen double glazed units with built in screens in IQ Moderntrade, not cheap but look well made.

Agreed, Not bad

I have seen double glazed units with built in screens in IQ Moderntrade, not cheap but look well made.

Yes we had a look at those and strangely for Thailand there were no salespersons around, got a leaflet, must chase them up to come out and measure.

Insect screens are also a priority with pull down all window and slide across for the doors - not cheap but.... comfortable.

MH

Yes we had a look at those and strangely for Thailand there were no salespersons around, got a leaflet, must chase them up to come out and measure.

Insect screens are also a priority with pull down all window and slide across for the doors - not cheap but.... comfortable.

MH
those windows come with screens, I will get the guys number from the wife, he is the rep for the company.....

Back