Pizza Restaurant New Opening 50% Discount

Many of we Members who cannot be with you today are eagerly awaiting the best pizza photos ever taken in Thailand!

great pizzas

Just had a pizza at the new restaurant, very good pizza's and around 50 pizza's to choose from. The decor is great, up market with quiet air con, comfortable chairs and good size tables. I think they will do well and I wish to say thank you to the owners and their team for opening in surin. I wish them the best for the future.

P.S.. Great to meet Allan and also Little India tonight, see you guys again soon

Just had a pizza at the new restaurant, very good pizza's and around 50 pizza's to choose from. The decor is great, up market with quiet air con, comfortable chairs and good size tables. I think they will do well and I wish to say thank you to the owners and their team for opening in surin. I wish them the best for the future.

P.S.. Great to meet Allan and also Little India tonight, see you guys again soon

KiwiJohn, try and keep Alan sober enough to take photos!

Not an easy task, I accept.........

It was also great to meet you Kiwijohn, you have a good sense of humour & that’s what we need more of around here, I will see you in the beach for a drink sometime soon I expect. ThumbUp6

I called in at lunchtime. Ordered a pizza to eat in and one to take home for step-daughter. Also a large Leo at 80 baht.

Liked the decor...no expense has been spared there. Being the opening day, the waitresses were flummoxed by having to communicate with farangs with extremely limited Thai language skills. All was resolved with a few smiles and they will become accustomed to dealing with us uni-linguals in due course.

The important part though is that the pizza was excellent. I look forward to returning to try more items from what is an extensive menu. I saw some awesome looking antipasti being served to another table.

If I have a gripe, and I hope the management will take this as a tiny criticism in what is an overwhelmingly positive review, it is that it is the first time in my 15 year relationship with Thailand that I have been charged for ice on my bill (10 baht). In view of the great food, the top-notch decor and ambiance etc. this really does seem an unnecessary irritation to the clientele.

Nonetheless, I will be back soon. Tam Tam is a great addition to Surin's dining repertoire.

Rubbish

got there 8pm 8 of to be told there was no food no apology, nothing dont advertise your open 10.30 to 10.30pm if you cant do it waste of 50k round trip drive everyone pissed off and hungery even face booked him he could of let us know wont bother again now i know why he got a one star rating on his own facebook page joke

got there 8pm 8 of to be told there was no food no apology, nothing dont advertise your open 10.30 to 10.30pm if you cant do it waste of 50k round trip drive everyone pissed off and hungery even face booked him he could of let us know wont bother again now i know why he got a one star rating on his own facebook page joke

I guess the opening "happy day" proved more successful than the proprietor had planned and he ran out of ingredients. Some form of chaos on opening days of restaurants, bars, etc. is not unknown, particularly in this country. It is surprising that you didn't get an apologetic explanation of the situation, especially as you had been to meet him previously and advertised on this forum on his behalf.

Your disappointment is understandable and he probably owes you a couple of "freebies" when you do forgive him and give him another chance.

I called in at lunchtime. Ordered a pizza to eat in and one to take home for step-daughter. Also a large Leo at 80 baht.

Liked the decor...no expense has been spared there. Being the opening day, the waitresses were flummoxed by having to communicate with farangs with extremely limited Thai language skills. All was resolved with a few smiles and they will become accustomed to dealing with us uni-linguals in due course.

The important part though is that the pizza was excellent. I look forward to returning to try more items from what is an extensive menu. I saw some awesome looking antipasti being served to another table.

If I have a gripe, and I hope the management will take this as a tiny criticism in what is an overwhelmingly positive review, it is that it is the first time in my 15 year relationship with Thailand that I have been charged for ice on my bill (10 baht). In view of the great food, the top-notch decor and ambiance etc. this really does seem an unnecessary irritation to the clientele.

Nonetheless, I will be back soon. Tam Tam is a great addition to Surin's dining repertoire.

Totally agree with you JB, great food and very good prices, lucky Dean was not here getting charged for ice lol. I do agree that charging for ice is a mistake as it is little things like that that will leave a negative in peoples minds. Other wise a great place to eat

Very good pizza, nice place, good seating and very comfortable chairs. I had a spicy salami pizza that was excellent. The staff was trying, but it was a chaotic day. I saw at least 20 to 30 pizzas go out the door for take away. Likely more went out after I left around 5:30 or so with Joe to head to the Beach Bar.

Tam Tam will do well if they can get in cahoots with the Petchkasem Hotel staff to promote themselves there and deliver food and pizza there.

There were some confusion on the check bins of ours and I heard those farangs upstairs as well. Seemed to be too much staff and all a bit overwhelmed and confused. It will sort out in time I expect.

I will be back to try the many pasta dishes, salads, and such on offer.

Good food.

Mike

Excellant Pizza! Very nice restaurant. A few photos.

Attachments

• 2014-12-12 17.32.32.jpg
    2014-12-12 17.32.32.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 2014-12-12 17.32.42.jpg
    2014-12-12 17.32.42.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 2014-12-12 17.44.32.jpg
    2014-12-12 17.44.32.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 2014-12-12 17.44.22.jpg
    2014-12-12 17.44.22.jpg
    485.6 KB · Views: 1

I feel for you mate as you did do a lot of advertising around Surin for him to people that are not on the forum, I ordered my takeaway at 10.30 am in the morning for 5.30pm a bit of a SAS move by me :)

I personally told them at 10.30am to expect a lot of people today as word had gone around & they had 10.30am until 10.30pm on the board outside, so your completely right to feel aggrieved by turning up at 8 pm to enjoy some food & not be given a free drink & offered the same promotion for tomorrow with maybe a couple of treats to apologise after helping them, & bringing 8 of your family on a 50 kilometre round trip.

I personally think for the number of chairs he has it’s too much for one man to run efficiently, as what would he do if the restaurant was full & takeaway orders were coming in, as he was working flat out yesterday but the restaurant was not full?

I think with hindsight he should maybe have done the 50% discount at a later date & had a softer opening which would have given him time to get more of a feel for things.

Maybe you might get a call or message off him today after his head has stopped spinning from none stop pizza making to put things right which would be nice to hear.

To play devil’s advocate I did notice he didn’t speak a word of English, so I think maybe his English speaking team let him down in not contacting you to let you know that they had sold out, to save you the trip, as from watching him work he would not have had chance to move from making pizzas all day.

My own personal recommendation is based on personal taste which is impossible for him to know so I won’t give him my star rating system yet until I go again.

Last edited:
I feel for you mate as you did do a lot of advertising around Surin for him to people that are not on the forum, I ordered my takeaway at 10.30 am in the morning for 5.30pm a bit of a SAS move by me :)

I personally told them at 10.30am to expect a lot of people today as word had gone around & they had 10.30am until 10.30pm on the board outside, so your completely right to feel aggrieved by turning up at 8 pm to enjoy some food & not be given a free drink & offered the same promotion for tomorrow with maybe a couple of treats to apologise after helping them, & bringing 8 of your family on a 50 kilometre round trip.

I personally think for the number of chairs he has it’s too much for one man to run efficiently, as what would he do if the restaurant was full & takeaway orders were coming in, as he was working flat out yesterday but the restaurant was not full?

I think with hindsight he should maybe have done the 50% discount at a later date & had a softer opening which would have given him time to get more of a feel for things.

Maybe you might get a call or message off him today after his head has stopped spinning from none stop pizza making to put things right which would be nice to hear.

To play devil’s advocate I did notice he didn’t speak a word of English, so I think maybe his English speaking team let him down in not contacting you to let you know that they had sold out, to save you the trip, as from watching him work he would not have had chance to move from making pizzas all day.

My own personal recommendation is based on personal taste which is impossible for him to know so I won’t give him my star rating system yet until I go again.

Oh good, a game of devil's advocate - I quite like that. Here goes....

This of course is a no win situation. Nobody did anything wrong.

I don't know trigger well enough to know if he has a sense of humour - let's find out....

Big C opened in Prakhonchai yesterday, I think their opening hours are 08.00 to 22.00. As far as I am aware no Thai turned up at 8pm.

I could suggest to trigger that, had he turned up earlier, he would not have found that the restaurant had run out of stock - something that is not unusual on opening days where demand exceeds supply. I am sure everyone has heard "mai mi" on more than one occasion in Thai establishments.

That said, trigger did nothing wrong other than not thinking through the possibility of such an outcome. I would certainly not embark on a 50km round trip at 8pm for an opening event - even if the advertised closing time is 10.30pm. But that is just me.

Where it went wrong was in the handling of trigger's situation - especially as he had been an ambassador for Tam Tam. The communication/language is something that needs sorting if the restaurant is to fulfill it's obvious potential.

an up-market setting in Surin - salute Tam Tam !

Danielo the pizza chef was obviously busy yesterday. He said he had to close for an hour (approx 4 - 5 PM) to prepare some more pizza dough.

When I checked back at 8:30 PM he was finished for the night as his ingredients bin may simply have been exhausted by the opening day. Assuredly, he must have been exhausted too.

Very pleasant setting and just as important - many smiles from the staff.

Mrs Danielo speaks English very well as her husband the chef was very busy working. His English is fine...he was working flat out...good to be younger.

His pizza presentations are currently thin crust style which was fine. The outer crust was perfect. His salted-meat ingredients (hams, salamis) were delicious.

From my perspective it appears that the Tam Tam restaurant may become very successful as well as rewarding for thin-crust pizza lovers. Buon gusto !

sense of humour

Lucky i have got a sense of humour , bit confused Coffee how you went there at 8.30pm as it closed when i left at 8.20pm, there was bad comunications total lack of customer service no offer of a complementary drink or the offer of the same deal the next day in fact nothing simple as run out of food closing, 8 dissapointed hungary customers if you think thats the way an up market restaurant should be run coffee my suggestion is dont go into the food business if you advertise opening time you cant just decide to close for one hour when you like to make more dough prior preparation stops piss poor performance have you never heard the saying the customer is all ways right lol, Little India is right the people i spoke to struggled with English i would suggest it wasnt there first language WHICH I DONT FAULT if people are trying there best i fully understand basicually in a nut shell this was a piss poor performance of an opening night ill planned ill prepared and thought out in my opinion OPENING TIMES ADVERTISED 10.30AM TO 10.30PM

Lucky i have got a sense of humour , bit confused Coffee how you went there at 8.30pm as it closed when i left at 8.20pm, there was bad comunications total lack of customer service no offer of a complementary drink or the offer of the same deal the next day in fact nothing simple as run out of food closing, 8 dissapointed hungary customers if you think thats the way an up market restaurant should be run coffee my suggestion is dont go into the food business if you advertise opening time you cant just decide to close for one hour when you like to make more dough prior preparation stops piss poor performance have you never heard the saying the customer is all ways right lol, Little India is right the people i spoke to struggled with English i would suggest it wasnt there first language WHICH I DONT FAULT if people are trying there best i fully understand basicually in a nut shell this was a piss poor performance of an opening night ill planned ill prepared and thought out in my opinion OPENING TIMES ADVERTISED 10.30AM TO 10.30PM

Thanks for having a sense of humour trigger - I was relieved to see that :smile:.

Once again you are not wrong and I believe you are right to expect a higher level of service from a Farang establishment. The owner got it slightly wrong o nthis occasion - but a 100% wrong as far as you are concerned.

Personally, (easy to say when you are not involved) I would give him another go. All other reports are universally favourable and only you (and your 7 friends) would be losing out by boycotting the place.

Bite your lip, pretend it was a Thai run place that you experienced, re-group and return another evening once he has a week or so under his belt.

I applaud anyone trying to improve the standards in our respective locales and I think almost anyone is worth a second chance.

trigger i'm going to write in the same style as you so you're not confused. everyone is entitled to their own opinion and obviously their own style of writing (lol) i said i checked back at 8:30 and Tam Tam was finished for the night as they had run out of ingredients. they had a sign out front i believe written in Thai I personally don't let a sign stop me as i went in and spoke with the owner in english - the opening day went far better than expected ShitHappens1 hell- 50% off ! you might view it as piss-poor performance and that is your right as the customer is always rightAgreed1 no restaurant can please everyone in my opinion by up-market i'm talking about the pizza chef prep area , the clean interior presentation and seating i didn't state that i ate at 8:30 PM - i ate there at 3:pm . trigger , i've been to thai restaurants that ran out of rice and screwed up the orders Crazy1 so maybe my bar is lower in the bowels of isaan. salute 1

Danielo the pizza chef was obviously busy yesterday. He said he had to close for an hour (approx 4 - 5 PM) to prepare some more pizza dough.

When I checked back at 8:30 PM he was finished for the night as his ingredients bin may simply have been exhausted by the opening day. Assuredly, he must have been exhausted too.

Very pleasant setting and just as important - many smiles from the staff.

Mrs Danielo speaks English very well as her husband the chef was very busy working. His English is fine...he was working flat out...good to be younger.

His pizza presentations are currently thin crust style which was fine. The outer crust was perfect. His salted-meat ingredients (hams, salamis) were delicious.

From my perspective it appears that the Tam Tam restaurant may become very successful as well as rewarding for thin-crust pizza lovers. Buon gusto !

Glad to hear all of the positives about this place. I never go to "Grand Openings" because they are just "happenings". Also, you cannot make a proper assessment about a place when it turns into a "happening". Had a talk with a few non SF members this morning who were present for the main event to get their input.

Sounds like a great addition to Surin along with places like the Beach (didn't go to their opening either but I am a customer).

The place is only 5 minutes from my home, but will wait a couple of weeks for these new owners to get their groove.

Sounds like it turned out to be a SF gathering even though it wasn't planned as such.

Wishing Tam Tam the best.:smile:

trigger i'm going to write in the same style as you so you're not confused. everyone is entitled to their own opinion and obviously their own style of writing (lol) i said i checked back at 8:30 and Tam Tam was finished for the night as they had run out of ingredients. they had a sign out front i believe written in Thai I personally don't let a sign stop me as i went in and spoke with the owner in english - the opening day went far better than expected ShitHappens1 hell- 50% off ! you might view it as piss-poor performance and that is your right as the customer is always rightAgreed1 no restaurant can please everyone in my opinion by up-market i'm talking about the pizza chef prep area , the clean interior presentation and seating i didn't state that i ate at 8:30 PM - i ate there at 3:pm . trigger , i've been to thai restaurants that ran out of rice and screwed up the orders Crazy1 so maybe my bar is lower in the bowels of isaan. salute 1

Coffee my friend I know that in your heart you believe that you like to give the other side to every discussion to be fair & just, but the thing with that stance is it can be also be classed as Troll baiting, which is the act of giving yourself or your argument credibility by intentionally trolling (baitin) martyring yourself by picking unnecessary fights, for something to do.

FFS man give the guy a break he drove 50 kilometres round trip to eat with 8 members of his family 2 1/2 hours before closing time to a restaurant that he had been promoting for weeks & been in contact with the owner personally by facebook etc, he has a right to be pissed off without being wound up more.
Crazy1

Had a nice eve , pizza was good and VERY professionally made .
Mike and Paul my two sons both gave it 9 out of 10 ,I gave it 8 it was good if anything needed a little more cheese and sauce , but it was very very good .
The service was a little haphazard but that's what opening days are all about .
Very reasonable prices .
My wife had the pork chop twas a bit of a joke really BUT I put that down to opening night (I hope) , she said dry no veg or sauce ,when she asked is there any sauce they gave her a bottle mayonnaise or ketchup .
I will defo go back again for sure to try other things and I will pass on my positive input were needed .
Here are a few pictures , great place .

Attachments

• DSC01468.JPG
    DSC01468.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • DSC01450.JPG
    DSC01450.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • DSC01480.JPG
    DSC01480.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • DSC01458.JPG