The Price of Rice

One can only hope.
Two of the finer things in life are, The sound of a screaming woman and the smell of burning rubber.:D:D:D:D:oops::rolleyes:

Just a side note. SWMBO made up by her own secret recipe about 5 tones and yes I said 5 tones of organic SHIT of the finest quality. She originally was going to use this for 6 rai of organic rice but with the screwing by Yingluck she decided to us this very fine shit on the rest of her 8 rai organic garden. There is no profit only lost again this year for rice at 5 to 7 baht per kilo you figure.

Agreed.

Rocket science it isn't.

What are the chances of me persuading the missus to leave her 12 Rai fallow next year ?

Agreed.

Rocket science it isn't.
What are the chances of me persuading the missus to leave her 12 Rai fallow next year ?

I know you know the answer already Co-C0. Their heads will explode if they don't do rice.
Can farmers continue to make Rice at a loss? But when the slapping gets just too much, then what will happen?

Agreed.

Rocket science it isn't.

I tried that this year but she didn't. Bet she regrets that now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm with all of you, at least my missus grows the rice and if the price is shit like this then we eat it, we mill it ourselves with our little husker machine.

Just returned from a trip up the 214 to SWMBO favorite group HQ, Surin Livestock and Breading. In the approximately 35 km I counted 12 rice robbery stations. Not one had a price up even for last years crop which this time last year they did. That in itself says a hell of a lot. Its still early but there is some harvesting going on that I could see not very much but some. Only saw one 800k rice harvester at work and another 10 or so collecting dust.

I have just retuirned from Surin via Plapplachai. There was a queue 800metres long (measured it on my trip) to the rice mill. Very few pick-ups, but mainly large trucks with freeflow rice or hundreds of sacks. I imagine many will wait all day and maybe longer...all for a pittance. Impromptu food vendors were doing good business.

Just heard from the village out Sikhoraphum way that the price of new dry rice is only 5 baht per kilo, if wet - 3 baht! WTF!

Just heard from the village out Sikhoraphum way that the price of new dry rice is only 5 baht per kilo, if wet - 3 baht! WTF!

That's what the father in law told me NM.
Farmers that borrow to grow it in the first place a going to be screwed. I worked out a couple of years back if you did not make 12 Baht you did not even break even!

In no hurry to harvest. Another 3 weeks. Besides its only for eating by humans, chickens and ducks.:D:D:D

I have also heard that a petition is being put together as I write, signed by all the villagers, and to be presented to the Government. Basically the petition says - we need help - give us a better price for the rice! We can not live or survive on only 5 baht/kilo! This is one village in rural Issan getting their point across to the Government.

I have also heard that a petition is being put together as I write, signed by all the villagers, and to be presented to the Government. Basically the petition says - we need help - give us a better price for the rice! We can not live or survive on only 5 baht/kilo! This is one village in rural Issan getting their point across to the Government.

That was the primary reason for that meeting, as I said NM. I believe Thailand is facing a very serious problem indeed, just at a very delicate juncture of events.

That was the primary reason for that meeting, as I said NM. I believe Thailand is facing a very serious problem indeed, just at a very delicate juncture of events.
Probably a coordinated effort by the sounds of it.

I know you know the answer already Co-C0. Their heads will explode if they don't do rice.
Can farmers continue to make Rice at a loss? But when the slapping gets just too much, then what will happen?

There will be subsidies of some kind - there always are.

The 1,000 Baht per rai (up to 10 rai) helped.

Back