f**k all that

I suppose i am well f**ked....i dont own a phone.
Only the wife does...i dont need one, and dont want one......they are the second most worst thing to a gun....hate the things..grrr..rant over

You are not f**ked M2Y2 - as long as you can write down your contact details............................ or Mrs M2Y2 does it for you.;)

I suppose i am well f**ked....i dont own a phone.
Only the wife does...i dont need one, and dont want one......they are the second most worst thing to a gun....hate the things..grrr..rant over
I don't need one either. However, I have to carry it with me whenever I leave the house. SWMBO insists. It's my electronic ball and chain or ankle bracelet. Article 44 approved apparently. :D:D:D

I don't need one either. However, I have to carry it with me whenever I leave the house. SWMBO insists. It's my electronic ball and chain or ankle bracelet. Article 44 approved apparently. :D:D:D

Also a useful tool should you ever require urgent assistance.

To use the LINE app for scanning the QR code when entering many stores, one needs to have an internet connection on the smart phone. I do not have this. I use my smart phone purely as a telephone when away from the house, whilst at home it is linked to my wifi. I therefore do not need to know how to scan a QR code.

Should it be a requirement to enter a store (and I suppose the store has a right to make the rules) , then I won't bother trying to get in. Not going to spend money for an internet connection on my phone for the possible occasional visit to Lobinson, Thai Watsadu and the like.

I believe however there is a systen for those that do not have smart phones, which involves writing their name and address on a paper. I understand though that no check is normally made as to the authenticity of the name and address.
I sign in as Mickey Mouse (in English) so no-one can read it OR just ignore it all and walk on in.

I sign in as Mickey Mouse (in English) so no-one can read it OR just ignore it all and walk on in.

Do you realise why it is required?

If someone who has visited the store is found subsequently to be infected then the store can determine who was in the store at the same time as the infected and contact them in order that they may be tested.

Then hopefully if the person in front of you passed on CV19 to you the authorities will not be able to find you.

No wonder Farangs get a bad name with the Thais.

Then hopefully if the person in front of you passed on CV19 to you the authorities will not be able to find you.

No wonder Farangs get a bad name with the Thais.
There is another side to this coin. Two of the three shops I have visited within the past week, Thai Watsadu and Tops Market, have waived me through with just a temperature check. Should I make a fuss and insist on being signed in? Tops Market did not have a signing in sheet, and I do not think Thai Watsadu did either. The third shop, Homepro, did have a signing-in sheet which I signed with Name, Rank, and Number. It's not a problem for ex-servicemen, we are well trained and used to it! :D:D:D

upload_2020-5-22_11-13-3.jpeg

Do you realise why it is required?

If someone who has visited the store is found subsequently to be infected then the store can determine who was in the store at the same time as the infected and contact them in order that they may be tested.
I read that a vast majority of people do not then sign when they leave but I'm sure the process will work efficiently.

Shouldn't ex servicemen, ex policemen and the like be just plain Mr..........(or conceivably Mrs/Miss)?
No Sir! In the British Armed Forces, officers of the rank of major, or above, or the equivalent ranks in the other two services, retain their rank when retired. It's up to the individual whether they choose to use that rank or not. The press had a field day with the use of 'Captain' Tom and all the laps around his garden. Strictly speaking, Captain Tom should have been referred to as Mr. until he was knighted this week. :D:D:D

No Sir! In the British Armed Forces, officers of the rank of major, or above, or the equivalent ranks in the other two services, retain their rank when retired. It's up to the individual whether they choose to use that rank or not. The press had a field day with the use of 'Captain' Tom and all the laps around his garden. Strictly speaking, Captain Tom should have been referred to as Mr. until he was knighted this week. :D:D:D

Some retired folk clearly deserve to retain their rank. Others, closer to home (and not referring to you Sqn Ldr Nomad) do the armed forces and police service more harm than good by retaining their titles.

Sorry Ivor, we live in Thailand and should follow the stores rules.
I prefer to follow the way Thailand is controlling the virus than take my chances in the UK
I agree with you and apologies, as that was meant as a ‘ruse’ to get a reaction. In all honesty, I have never signed as MM and do abide by the rules.
Obviously my cunning plan worked, as Alan Crisp (latest forum name on BE = Smithy) has quoted my comment. 555

There is another side to this coin. Two of the three shops I have visited within the past week, Thai Watsadu and Tops Market, have waived me through with just a temperature check. Should I make a fuss and insist on being signed in? Tops Market did not have a signing in sheet, and I do not think Thai Watsadu did either. The third shop, Homepro, did have a signing-in sheet which I signed with Name, Rank, and Number. It's not a problem for ex-servicemen, we are well trained and used to it! :D:D:D

View attachment 34062

I've never had to 'sign in' at Tops these past couple months. Just a temp check and given the hand sanitizer to use. Was just there yesterday. Same deal.

Back