O-A Visa Extension

I think we are all aware that different immigration area's and officers have there own idea's and agendas.
I think at Surin we have been very fortunate to have a good crew at Kap Cheong.
Last Thursday I never saw one of the old staff and those that was there were mainly women.
I think perhaps it could about things to come at Kap Cheong.
My next will be at Surin.
As my health is not getting any better and if I need to I will pay an agent to do it for me.
Over a decade or so, i have experienced good & bad immigration officers at the various locations in Surin/Kap Cheong/Choc Chai & Banta Klang pottery village.
It was a very welcome change to start having to use Sisaket Office, just a short drive on the ring-road out of town. The atmosphere was/is far more friendly and helpful and i hope it continues that way.

I think we are all aware that different immigration area's and officers have there own idea's and agendas.
I think at Surin we have been very fortunate to have a good crew at Kap Cheong.
Last Thursday I never saw one of the old staff and those that was there were mainly women.
I think perhaps it could about things to come at Kap Cheong.
My next will be at Surin.
As my health is not getting any better and if I need to I will pay an agent to do it for me.
Took you long enough to figure things out.. :mask:

One of the best things I ever did in Thailand was to get PR..25,000bt** 32 years ago (big money) but well worth it in the long run..

**Actually cost 50,000bt as I had to get PR for my daughter, despite the fact her Mum was Thai. Could not be a Thai citizen because she was not born in Thailand. Had to wait till she was 17 to get citizenship.

**Actually cost 50,000bt as I had to get PR for my daughter, despite the fact her Mum was Thai. Could not be a Thai citizen because she was not born in Thailand. Had to wait till she was 17 to get citizenship.

Is she able to hold onto dual-citizenship following her Thai citizenship ?

If affirmative may I inquire as to which other c**t-tree ?

One of the best things I ever did in Thailand was to get PR..25,000bt** 32 years ago (big money) but well worth it in the long run..

We had no issue with our daughters being born in Aus, mum Thai and dual Aus, Thai citizen.
Birth certificates translated into Thai with originals attached, no plomplam.

We had no issue with our daughters being born in Aus, mum Thai and dual Aus, Thai citizen.
Birth certificates translated into Thai with originals attached, no plomplam.
I have a feeling that although the law has not changed, policy has since @Prakhonchai Nick time. As things will change in the future as well.
PR is a hell of a lot harder these days. You must be able to read and write and speak Thai fluently. You must obtain education proficiency of high school entrance level.
There is a you tube channel of a guy that kept a vlog of his journey. He kept a record of pages of submissions at the end he had submitted over 1500 pages!
Not to mention all the interviews. Bamboo under the finger nails would of been less torturous.

Is she able to hold onto dual-citizenship following her Thai citizenship ?

If affirmative may I inquire as to which other c**t-tree ?
It is a myth that when receiving Thai citizenship, one loses the citizenship of birth.

My eldest Thai daughter, now 36, also has British citizenship, as do my 2 younger children who were born in Thailand and had dual citizenship from birth. All the above 3, plus my 2 elder children with British nationality, are entitled to Irish citizenship. Technically they have it, but not on paper.

I have a feeling that although the law has not changed, policy has since @Prakhonchai Nick time. As things will change in the future as well.
PR is a hell of a lot harder these days. You must be able to read and write and speak Thai fluently. You must obtain education proficiency of high school entrance level.
There is a you tube channel of a guy that kept a vlog of his journey. He kept a record of pages of submissions at the end he had submitted over 1500 pages!
Not to mention all the interviews. Bamboo under the finger nails would of been less torturous.
Not sure how fluent one needs to be for PR these days, but it was not a requirement back in 1990. A drugs test was needed though, even for my then 5 year old daughter!

I enquired initially at Pattaya immigration office only to be told it would cost 100,000bt to "fix" (Thieving bastards!) I duly wrote to Bangkok immigration and 2 weeks later, 1 Sunday morning, the off duty chief Immigration Officer for PR and long stay visas visited my home (left his family on Jomtien Beach). All sorted there and then apart from having to visit Bangkok with the various documents required.

My 3 sons..2 born in Australia and 1 born in Surin along with the 2 daughters are all dual citizens.
My 2nd son refuses to obtain Thai citizenship for his daughter though.

New announcement today regarding OA Visa. Change of requirement of health insurance amount. from 400,000 to 3,000,000.
Farang pricing kicking in. Is it?

New announcement today regarding OA Visa. Change of requirement of health insurance amount. from 400,000 to 3,000,000.

I cannot have been listening or comprehending correctly but I understood it has been US$100,000.00 for some years now?

I cannot tick "like" because I definitely "don't like". Now £3 million because that is to "help" long-term visitors get hospital treatment - do me a favour!!! London wouldn't grant me a 1-year visa last year because "we are not issuing them"
Every aspect is utter confusion at the present time. I have again had to postpone coming back from UK because, although having the re-entry permit means no visa issues, firstly I don't know what to book for Cert of Entry which is becoming "Thailand Pass" but we don't know what that means; secondly there is now "no quarantine", except yes there is quarantine for PCR testing, but no details of how to organise it and how many days in practice?, therefore thirdly the time of arrival by whichever airline I book might also be important, and fourthly I cannot book travel on to Surin either.

And it won't be with Thai Airlines because it is hundreds of £££s more expensive than others and isn't flexible either, which is no good if, heaven forbid, I tested positive before the flight. Don't they realise? (And they still owe me for the last cancelled flight.)
Meanwhile the Embassy is still insisting on all the existing C of E details with pre-paid $100,000 or 3.5 million THB insurance (not 3million, they told me that is not good enough???) and 7-days pre-paid for quarantine.

Incompetence isn't a good enough description.

It is a shame Thailand does not do what the Philippines does.
In the Philippines a retiree can join the government health schemes.
You join and pay for 9 months before you can claim.
The cost is 17,000/ 18,000 Peso's per year.
I guess that is a little to much for the government here think a long those lines. SIGH!

It is a shame Thailand does not do what the Philippines does.
In the Philippines a retiree can join the government health schemes.
You join and pay for 9 months before you can claim.
The cost is 17,000/ 18,000 Peso's per year.
I guess that is a little to much for the government here think a long those lines. SIGH!

Reasonable price. Thumbs up...yes, Thailand must do better.

Question: Have you ever been treated at a Filipino hospital ?

I'm not convinced that your pension will not be frozen if you are permitted, under the pension regulations, to reside in two different countries (one being exempt, and one not being exempt).
Now that's a thought. I was just referring to Philippines.

Back