Extension of Stay time again.

Yes, lots of space for parking if you do not mind walking. The ramp to the rear entrance would make a good chicane after the long straight, albeit a little narrow. Get there early for premier parking slots right outside the rear entrance. I find 08.45 is excellent for that. Usually, first in the queue too. I find that very good for 90-day reports if you cannot report online. Failing that, get there just before lunchtime The Immigration Office is still manned although the Big Boss may disappear for lunch. There may be a delay waiting for her signature.

Not easy to get there for 08:45 when the bank doesn't open until 08:30 particularly with the roadworks at Salak Dai (or the round a bout diversions). I arrived about 10:30 and was second in the queue. Out at 11:15.

It used to be that case (and maybe still is) that Thais leaving the Kingdom are given an Arrival/Departure card and fill in the "departure part". The "arrival part" should stay in their passport until/if they return when that part is collected by Immigration.
Goes to show how far behind the times you are. TM6 for Thais was abolished 1 October 2017. In a measure to speed Thais through Immigration relieving some congestion.

Goes to show how far behind the times you are. TM6 for Thais was abolished 1 October 2017. In a measure to speed Thais through Immigration relieving some congestion.

I did start with "used to be the case". I've not accompanied a Thai over a border since early 2017.

฿1,900.00 (or ฿2,000.00 with tip). Archa is currently ฿550.00/case so you could work it out, being mathematically trained.

The bank cost me ฿100.00 for the letter and ฿200.00 for the bank statement (฿100.00 for each 3 months). No charge for photocopies.
It's probably been mentioned before @Yorky but what bank and branch are you with? Other members are welcome to advise their respective banks as well.

I am with Kasikorn at Lobinson and have never felt confident with their knowledge of what's required the previous times I have done my extensions. I won't need an extension for some time but would like to set up my banking with the right mob for when the time comes.

It's probably been mentioned before @Yorky but what bank and branch are you with? Other members are welcome to advise their respective banks as well.

I am with Kasikorn at Lobinson and have never felt confident with their knowledge of what's required the previous times I have done my extensions. I won't need an extension for some time but would like to set up my banking with the right mob for when the time comes.

I'm with Kasikorn but don't use their Lobinson's branch for other than passbook updates. The majority of staff at the main branch on Thanasan Road appear sufficiently up to date at what is required by Immigration for extension of stay applications. They are also able to provide up to 6 months statements "on demand" whereas I believe some banks cannot and the statement needs to be sent from their Head Office.

Parking is relatively easy in the adjacent Night Plaza.

I'm with Kasikorn but don't use their Lobinson's branch for other than passbook updates. The majority of staff at the main branch on Thanasan Road appear sufficiently up to date at what is required by Immigration for extension of stay applications. They are also able to provide up to 6 months statements "on demand" whereas I believe some banks cannot and the statement needs to be sent from their Head Office.

Parking is relatively easy in the adjacent Night Plaza.
Thanks, so, could I get the paperwork from the City branch even though my branch is Lobinson?

Thanks, so, could I get the paperwork from the City branch even though my branch is Lobinson?

Yes, I believe that you can. Lobinson's is a sub branch of the Thanasan Road branch.

[Edit: there's another Kasikorn sub branch inside Surin Plaza. I have never used that.]

Last edited:
I'm with the Bangkok Bank. I think any branch can issue the letter on the spot. Similarly, a 12-month statement can be ordered for 200 baht, and that takes 5 working days. Last time around I used a branch down by the Rajamangala University of Technology and then drove down along the klong to the Surin Service Center. That avoids the road works near DoHome.

Despite my 90 day report date being 6th June 2022 I was given a receipt for a report with 16th August 2022 being the next due date.

I have today received email notification that my next appointment is due on 6th June 2022 (as per my last online report receipt). Should I report on line in accordance with the email or should I just ignore it?

฿1,900.00 (or ฿2,000.00 with tip). Archa is currently ฿550.00/case so you could work it out, being mathematically trained.

The bank cost me ฿100.00 for the letter and ฿200.00 for the bank statement (฿100.00 for each 3 months). No charge for photocopies.
I still live in Brisbane at the moment. May I ask what information does the letter from the bank contain? When the time comes for me to move, I would like to make sure of things.

I still live in Brisbane at the moment. May I ask what information does the letter from the bank contain? When the time comes for me to move, I would like to make sure of things.
Basically mate, the letter has to be from a Thai bank stating that you have a minimum of ฿40,000 comming into your Thai bank per month or, a minimum ballance
of ฿400,000 in a Thai bank, they will not recognise any statements from foreign banks and, the Australian embassy will not certify these doccuments, I know, I tried.
The above is for a married extension and, the statement period is a minimum of 12 months from a THAI bank.
I did my extension 6 weeks ago using this method.
A retirement visa is similar but your monthly income has to be ฿80,000 credited into a Thai bank or, holding a minimum of ฿800,000 in a Thai bank.
The ฿800,000 must be maintained for 3 months prior to renewal and 3 months after and, another ballance sheet must be produced too immigration
3 months after your extension.

Mine will be the spouse visa when we eventually get there. Luckily I opened a Bangkok Bank account in Surin about 20 years ago so that will be handy. Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

The letter basically gives your name and the balance of account(s) and account number(s) belonging to that named person on the date that the letter is written. It is now required that the date on the letter be the same date as the application for the extension. Copies of the front page and recent pages (one year or more) of the relevant passbook are also generally required.

Surin Immigration do not appear to be bothered whether the letter is written in English or Thai.

The letter basically gives your name and the balance of account(s) and account number(s) belonging to that named person on the date that the letter is written. It is now required that the date on the letter be the same date as the application for the extension. Copies of the front page and recent pages (one year or more) of the relevant passbook are also generally required.
Thanks kindly for that. So the idea would be to pop into the bank before heading to the Immigration office. Can you get hold of the bank letter and statement at the same time?

Thanks kindly for that. So the idea would be to pop into the bank before heading to the Immigration office. Can you get hold of the bank letter and statement at the same time?

I can only speak for Kaskorn Bank but yes. The statement will be for 3 months or 6 months. I do not know whether a 12 month statement will be available immediately.

Basically mate, the letter has to be from a Thai bank stating that you have a minimum of ฿40,000 comming into your Thai bank per month or, a minimum ballance
of ฿400,000 in a Thai bank, they will not recognise any statements from foreign banks and, the Australian embassy will not certify these doccuments, I know, I tried.
The above is for a married extension and, the statement period is a minimum of 12 months from a THAI bank.
I did my extension 6 weeks ago using this method.
A retirement visa is similar but your monthly income has to be ฿80,000 credited into a Thai bank or, holding a minimum of ฿800,000 in a Thai bank.
The ฿800,000 must be maintained for 3 months prior to renewal and 3 months after and, another ballance sheet must be produced too immigration
3 months after your extension.

It's always been a mystery to me why ฿400,000.00 for marriage and ฿800,000.00 for retirement. The old adage is "two can live as cheaply as one"; not "two can live on half the funds as one".

Back